300 are online

Year

Day

Time

12:42:43

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » What shipyards are for constructing what ships?
Raidan Spike

"All ships may be built in shipyard space stations if the ship is the length of the station or smaller (doesn't apply to stations 3km or larger). Factories and factory stations are limited to ships less than 80 metres in length."

From the rules: Link

Attempt_15.png
raidan_spike_cit.png
Thanks. What ships can be used for constructing a shipyard IV, whose required raw materials weights more than 360Kt?

Yoko Arashi

A ship which could actually hold the RMs? Like a Tabder for example...

Thanks. How to construct a Tabder? I think it's 1800m length.

Edited By: Ranwynhourne Charlette on Year 18 Day 342 0:11
Raidan Spike

Just like any other ship but it will have to be in a shipyard 1800 metres or longer in length. Which rules out all but a SY IV.

The "how" of production is described in the rules page I linked above. If this is your first time manufacturing, I strongly recommend you get with a manufacturing faction who will step you through the process.

Attempt_15.png
raidan_spike_cit.png
Thanks. How to construct SY IV which requires 360Kt more RMs? Does it need having all required RMs in the same square to build station? Only two ships, Lucrehulk-class Battleship and Mammoth-class Heavy Hauler, can hold that many RMs. It's not about gameplay, but rules.

Yoko Arashi

It's all described on the rule pages about what conditions need to be fulfilled to construct a station/ship/etc.

Please go read them first

Thanks. The rule says "Have sufficient raw materials located in one or more ships in the same square". How to have more than 360Kt RMs located in a squadron of ships?

Edited By: Ranwynhourne Charlette on Year 18 Day 342 0:40
Raidan Spike

The materials do need to be at the location of the station to build but can be spread across a number of ships. This can be more than a squadron's worth of ships.

Well, a trivial thing interested to know. How to construct ships the length is more that 3000m? Thanks.

Edited By: Ranwynhourne Charlette on Year 18 Day 342 1:01
Yoko Arashi

That question was already answered by Raidan in his first post....

if the ship is the length of the station or smaller (doesn't apply to stations 3km or larger)

- Raidan

Means a SY4 can build every ship, even a SSD which can't be built currently since super caps production is still disabled if I recall correctly

Edited By: Yoko Arashi on Year 18 Day 342 1:02
Thanks for explaining. That is really not easy to be thought of from those words literally.

Well, a trivial thing interested to know. What is SSD? Thanks.

SSD is an acronym for "Super Star Destroyer" - the previous name (and still short) for the Executor-class Star Destroyer.

Y19.png
Thanks one more time.