Year

Day

Time

23:25:48

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 19 Day 60 13:41
Maha Michi

On the environments page, Gas Giants do not have a listing for what gear to wear on them. Can you not exit onto gas giant terrain at all? There is no note explaining why Gas Giants aren't listed there, but they are listed in the damage table above the protective items.
Environments rule page

kx7JEUp.jpg
VcL2Esm.jpg
IrCmAXv.jpg
J7BUXTv.png
Year 19 Day 60 14:01
I know you have to "fly" in order to exit onto Gas Terrain. I'm not aware of any daily damage from the atmo.

Year 19 Day 60 14:03
As far as I know every race has a gas giant as a restricted terrain, so they wouldn't be able to exit onto them. There's currently no items you can wear to get around this; the only terrains that applies to is Ocean terrain.

Year 19 Day 60 14:20
Maha Michi

@Mikel,
Diathim are missing the Gas Giant terrain restriction. Was that a miss or can they go onto gas giant terrain?

Race page

kx7JEUp.jpg
VcL2Esm.jpg
IrCmAXv.jpg
J7BUXTv.png
Year 19 Day 60 14:21
Deleted Post
Deleted by Rik Wolk. Reason: too late
Year 19 Day 60 14:26
Jic Uiji

Diathims have wings and can fly around

Jic Uiji

jic uili, intergalactic hutt crime lord
Year 19 Day 60 14:31
Maha Michi

Hmmmm.... Toydarians don't have it either.

Wonder if using a Jetpack would enable Gas Giant terrain? They show as implemented.

kx7JEUp.jpg
VcL2Esm.jpg
IrCmAXv.jpg
J7BUXTv.png
Year 19 Day 60 15:35
No, I looked at the code before I answered. The only terrain restriction that is currently defeated by items is Ocean with the correct gear.

The gas giant restrictions missing from certain races is probably an oversight.

Year 19 Day 61 4:07
How do we need to hunt at "streaked velker' creatures? As their only spawn terrain is on gas-giants..

Year 19 Day 61 4:09
Jic Uiji

Be a diathim or hunt them on a freshly made slab

Jic Uiji

jic uili, intergalactic hutt crime lord
Year 19 Day 61 7:59
Maha Michi

According to Mikel, that doesn't seem correct, Jic. Have you tested being a Diathim or Toydarian on a Gas Giant without a slab?

kx7JEUp.jpg
VcL2Esm.jpg
IrCmAXv.jpg
J7BUXTv.png
Year 19 Day 61 8:37
Joca de Jan

I've never hunted on gass giant as Diathim, but I did see Diathim bandits on one, long time ago, if I recall it correctly. Not sure if they still spawn on planets though.

Year 19 Day 61 21:50
Maha Michi

Interesting. It'd be nice to have a concrete answer then. :/

kx7JEUp.jpg
VcL2Esm.jpg
IrCmAXv.jpg
J7BUXTv.png
Year 19 Day 61 22:23
That doesn't conflict with my answer.

Those races which don't have Gas Giant as a restricted terrain can freely enter non-slabbed Gas Giant terrain.

Bandits will also spawn from those races, since the bandit spawn code looks for races without terrain restrictions for that terrain.

All other races will be unable to exit onto bare Gas Giant terrain, and there are currently no items which would allow for them to do so.

Year 19 Day 61 23:32
Maha Michi

"Those races which don't have Gas Giant as a restricted terrain can freely enter non-slabbed Gas Giant terrain." - Mikel

"The gas giant restrictions missing from certain races is probably an oversight." - Mikel

So, there is some conflict. Do you know which it is (or does someone else)? If Diathim and Toydarian can enter onto Gas Giant terrain, then what items (if any) should they wear to not receive damage? The rules page doesn't state any.

kx7JEUp.jpg
VcL2Esm.jpg
IrCmAXv.jpg
J7BUXTv.png
Year 19 Day 61 23:42
I think you're confused; if races don't have gas giant terrain listed as a restriction on the rules, they aren't restricted from entering that terrain in-game - there is no discrepancy between what's listed on the rules and what happens in the game there, because the rules pull that information directly from the database. I was saying it's an oversight that they don't have that restriction at all, not that it's simply not listed on the rules.

There are no items to protect any race from gas giant atmosphere damage. Although those races do not have a terrain restriction for gas giants, they will still take damage.

Year 19 Day 66 9:35
Can I ask if there is any plans to add some gear that can be used to exit onto gas giants to enable hunting of Streaked Velker's? aless they spawn into empty cities?

Some clarification on this be helpful so we know how to hunt said animal moving forwards.

Silus

Year 19 Day 66 22:45
This is not an oversight, for the record. The race was suggested and deliberately added without a gas giant restriction. As far as I know, it should be the only race other than Toydarian without this restriction. A few races were later added without it but were quickly fixed since the Diathim terrain restrictions were mistakenly pasted into their fields.

There are currently no specific plans to add or modify gear like that, to my knowledge, but to be fair, there aren't a whole lot of concrete gear plans at all, so it's certainly not outside of the realm of possibility. As for the question about avoiding damage, although there are currently no items to prevent environmental damage on a GG, they can simply board their ship before the 23:00 tick and unboard after it and be unharmed. Obviously that's a workaround, but there are currently a whole lot of pending issues with environmental damage anyway (it doesn't affect anything but PCs, and only at the tick, not upon unboarding/stripping out of protective gear, etc), so I'm sure this will be revisited at some point.

At least streaked velkers can't drop eggs anyway, so without a Diathim/Toydarian hunter you're only missing out on a trophy.

Edited By: Syn on Year 19 Day 66 22:48

swcforumsig

Year 19 Day 67 8:27
I’m not opposed to them not having the restriction, I honestly don’t care. Toydarians make less sense, as Diathims are basically immortal gods that can fly through space and shit while Toydarians are fat anteaters with wings, but whatever.

I’m also not opposed to letting people with a jetpack and some other equipment on enter GG terrain, if someone wants to make a suggestion for that then go for it.

As far as atmosphere damage goes we definitely want to fix how it works so it can’t be so easily avoided but that’s more of just a programming issue.

Year 19 Day 67 11:39
Hunting from skiffs/barges would also be awesome, I might consider to suggest that one time. A special platform/room that allows the character and party to shoot at targets on surface.