Year

Day

Time

05:33:01

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Affiliations Versus Purchasing a Capital Ship
Each Capital Ship on the list of ships has an affiliation faciton with it.

1) How do you know if your faction is affliated with that particular faction?
2) Do you have to be affiliated to purchase that kind of ship and use it?
3) IF yes to question 2, is there a way around it? Even in star wars lore the Rebels got Star Destroyers which were stricly Imperial. Can we?

-K S

Edited By: Krioni Shadowsigns on Year 7 Day 222 16:55
1) Ask your faction
2) Anyone can purchase any ship they can afford and that someone will sell them.
3) When combat comes out, it will (almost certainly) be possible to hack entry/control of ships, so you can steal ships that may not otherwise be accessible to you.

The affiliation shown of the Rules page determines who has the datacard for that ship. Datacards are required to produce the ship. So in certain cases, such as Star Destroyers, they are not going to be sold on the open market because the Empire will have one of its nationalised factions produce them solely for the GE's own use. Anyone who wants one will have to disable it, fight their way aboard, and hack ownership. It will be possible to do, but not an easy task.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
1) Hell yes! Sounds like fun

2) Assuming one had the funds, asssuming the person was of a position to do so, and assuming they were going along with it- what about bribing a GE shipbuilder to build you one? Does it work like that?

You could try it, but chances are they wouldn't and/or it would be noticed if they tried.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

What about faction members with their own ship... factory things? I'm not familiar with how the industry works for something like that, except that eventually someone owns it. Wouldn't that person be the one to ask?

Just tell me its possible. I'll figure it out.

You might look up the Production rules - I'm not sure if the final versions are up yet, but production is coming soon. Most likely, like mines, they will need to be faction-owned, and run (Managed) by the appropriate type of faction.

Ah I see now. So it could take 125 to 480 days to make an SSD anyway. Damn.

So Space factories haven't been implemented yet so capital ships can't be made.

Datacards were just implemented yet I dont think anyway has them.. and the guide didn't mention where to get them, just that you chose 'starting data cards' which they didn't explain what that was.

So in short. You can't build them because the factory doesn't exist, and even if it did no one can get datacards.

Another brick wall.

Factories and shipyards exist. However production isn't yet fully coded or released, hence ships cannot be made at this time.

001.jpg\"
hapan_donator.jpg\"
Patriarch of House Ismay
Ship factions have datacards. People have built space stations. The "affiliation" lists show who holds the datacards.