Time

07:27:59

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CenterRPG CenterQuestion Center
Archives » Not listed on the NPC Market
Page 1 2
Year 7 Day 339 6:35
I saw today that one of the facilities in a city of mine is "NPC Owned". Since there is a market close to it I went to purchase it. But it is not listed in the NPC Market. Shouldn't every NPC Owned entity be listed?

jaret_hover_mix2a.pngGovernor of Torina System.
Founding father of the Red Star Alliance.
Mandalorian veteran.
Year 7 Day 339 8:14
Ralgarrch
Ralgarrch
Not all NPC facilities are supposed to be for sale, however whether that one is or isn't we'll need someone who knows more to say.

Ral.png
Year 7 Day 339 14:33
I think the ones for sale on the market are actually listed as "for sale on market" under their owner in a scan.

NPC owned applies to things like shops, starting location conference centres, etc.

Someone would have to verify to be sure, but I think that's how it works.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 7 Day 339 16:23
I don't know the ID of the facility. It's a Semi-Detached House. I built it a few monts ago and sold it. It changed it's owner a few times. I guess the last owner died.
- The rules say: "Facilities commanded and piloted by None or the dead character become NPC-owned."
So what does "NPC Owned" mean? Can I purchase or claim the facility somehow? Or is it just no one's for ever?

Mandalorian veteran.
Year 7 Day 339 19:24
I thought there was a grace period before Items of dead/None players apeared in the NPC market?

It might mean the DB has control of it, till it's listed on the market.

Recruiter for Black Nebula Engineering.
Year 7 Day 340 12:34
NPC-owned means that it is owned by "the little people". It is not available for sale but it is "neutral". It contributes to the the planet stats but owner can't change for now.

Sim Master Veynom

*** This post is written on 100% recyclable electrons. ***
Year 7 Day 350 2:50
Well there are a few High Rise buildings that were NPC Owned a week ago. Today they are GE owned. A few friends told me they appeared for several minutes on the Market. How did that happen?

Edited By: Jaret Byar on Year 7 Day 350 3:15

Mandalorian veteran.
Year 7 Day 350 9:24
Kyle Rainer
Kyle Rainer
Those were due to a bug. Someone died the facilities never went to the market. I sent them to the market.

Now if the facility you are talking about is due to a bug then it will be fixed otherwise it won't. Starting cities for example should have NPC owned facilities.

Year 7 Day 350 14:22
What was this bug? They belonged to a faction that dissolved? Isn't that the only way they get on the market?

Mandalorian veteran.
Year 7 Day 351 2:22
Ralgarrch
Ralgarrch
"Someone died the facilities never went to the market."

I think the bug may have been that when someone died...they didn't go to the market as they were supposed to in that instance.

Ral.png
Year 7 Day 351 3:49
No, Ralgarrch, when someone dies the facilities don't go to the market.
"Facilities commanded and piloted by None or the dead character become NPC-owned." Otherwise they go to the manager or the operator. But never to the market.
The only case they should go to the market is if some faction dissolves. I was wondering which faction had those? And when did it dissolve.
Also when something appears on the market for 5 min that looks to me like reserved listing.
So I wonder what kind of bug was that?

Edited By: Jaret Byar on Year 7 Day 351 3:55

Mandalorian veteran.
Year 7 Day 351 6:55
Oilios Katastrefor
Oilios Katastrefor
I imagine these facilities were those owned by pangborn, who rather then died, became npced. Its quite understandable why it might be considered a bug, however facilities and cities are, according to the rules, not meant to go to the market when someone dies, unlike vehicles and ships. I suppose this is largely because npc facilities are a normal part of the game (ie at npc cities etc) while npc ships and vehicles are not....

it was probably just an oversight. I've always understood it that vehicles, ships and facilities go to the market after death. Turns out I was wrong, facilities go to 'npc owned' while vehicles and ships go to the market. however in this case the bug was that a person 'practically' died (he respawned) and none of his assets went to the market as a result... technically only his ships and vehicles should have gone to the market, while facilities should have been npc owned, but this is a small technicality, although it may have significant effects.

Edited By: Oilios Katastrefor on Year 7 Day 351 6:59
Year 7 Day 351 7:06
The rules comfirm it and Veynom did so himself a few posts back. So how come the GE is in possession of these facilities now?

Mandalorian veteran.
Year 7 Day 351 9:34
if there is no manager or operator or if that is the same person as who died it goes to the market, atleast that has happened before.

Veynom talked about things considered as NPC owned, not NPC market.

Edited By: Tyr DeMeer on Year 7 Day 351 9:36

horbanner.gif
Year 7 Day 351 10:12
Hexx Harpy
Hexx Harpy
Maybe the issue will become clearer to learned Combiners if I tell you that the buildings that so mysteriously appeared on the NPCM are two 50-flat high-rises on the planet of Courkrus in Khuiumin system, where GE and SoroSuub have been fighting for supremacy for months.
Those buildings have been NPC-owned since Pangborn respawned. Now they belong to the GE. No need to say more.

- mobilis in mobili -
Year 7 Day 351 11:08
Assuming, since the rule pages don't deal with "If you drop your character", that it acts the same as death...

http://rules.swcombine.com/character/lifeanddeath/
-Anything assigned to someone else will become the property of the assignee.
-Facilities commanded and piloted by None or the dead character become NPC-owned.

So it's very clear that if we treat Pangborn's NPCification as death, then no facilities should have gone to the Market for his GE faction-mates to purchase (and in fact, they didn't...they were placed there manually)

If we assume that Pangborn's NPCificiation is *different* than death, than that means we assume that "Pangborn the NPC" still owns his assets...which would again mean that they would be "NPC-owned", not go to the Market (and in fact, they didn't...they were placed there manually)

----

Either way, we have facilities that should not have gone to the market under any rules...on the market, and not as the result of a bug. They were placed there manually by an administrator. Likely the administrator did not know the relevance of the Flats, so it was not purposely malicious on their part.

However, "somebody" told Kyle that "There's a bug, someone died and the facilities never went to the market." and he was a bit sloppy and forgot to actually check the rules to see if that *was* a bug....or perhaps a GE member trying to take advantage of him.

At the very least, the flats have to be made NPC-owned again.

To some degree, I would even say that if the flats gave the GE control to build five new cities or something (I don't know if they did), then their money should be refunded, and the cities removed. To a similar degree, I would say that there's a chance there's a certain GE member who should be OOC punished for this...but it's always possible it was an honest mistake on their part, and they assumed an admin would tell them if they were misinformed, so I'm hesitant for that as well.

But at the very least, the flats have to be made NPC-owned again, as well as any other facilities the administrator in question manually placed on the NPC market.

TenielDjo.png
Year 7 Day 351 13:04
not saying I am correct and not to interrupt what seems to be another cry for admin biased towards the GE and screams for abuse and punishments and whatelse but you know the rulespages might not be upto date afterall it has happened before.

and I am not sure but I think I have seen facilities that got added to the market that did not come from faction dissolve and thus seemed to come from dead characters

horbanner.gif
Year 7 Day 351 16:38
Than why didn't that Semi-Detached House(the reason I started the topic) go to the Market? Is that caused by the same bug?

Mandalorian veteran.
Year 7 Day 351 18:32
"It's not admin intervention, it's admins manually doing something for the GE that goes against the Rules Page"

I'm going to need a bit further explanation on the reasoning there...

TenielDjo.png
Year 7 Day 352 3:31
Ralgarrch
Ralgarrch
I believe the reasoning is that either Kyle made a mistake, which has to happen occassionally, or the rules page is not up to date...like most of the rules pages. For instance the faction creation one which states civic centres can still be used as hq's.

Of course if it's the latter case I'm sure a bandwagon will be provided to point out that no such change was announced (probably valid) and that it only happened because the admin cheated again for the GE (probably invalid). As it seems Kyle is the one who changed those facilities, entirely invalid.

Ral.png
Page 1 2