Day

Time

04:55:58

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CenterRPG CenterQuestion Center
Archives » on the question of dual weapons
Year 7 Day 341 13:07
I know this is 'down the road', but I like to plan ahead. When a weapon has a fire delay of, say, 3 hours. And, it is a single handed weapons (hands required: 1). Could a person then with two of these weapons, one in each hand, strike then twice in those 3 hours? Once with each weapon in each hand? Just trying to understand this, if there is an advantage to getting a single handed weapon over a double handed one. In addition to this, is there a system available to modify pics for weapons like there is a system to modify pics for ships using the CP exchange? Are weapons considered 'items?'

Edited By: Zao Nephalem on Year 7 Day 341 13:09

jesbDYa.jpg

Fights like Hurricane, Killing, Ecstasy, Insane.
Year 7 Day 341 14:31
Trent Hackworth
Trent Hackworth
I would say Twice myself. But we dont even have Items...or Combat...If they knew all the rules i would think they would be listed in advance anyway.

Year 7 Day 341 18:10
Rules will be made available when they are complete.

Yes, weapons are considered items for the purpose of custom CP images.

swcforumsig

Ralgarrch
Ralgarrch
If you could only fire them one at a time it would defeat the purpose of dual wielding, I think it's a pretty safe guess that you can fire either one whenever, as long as it's not just been fired. (Then obviously you have to wait for it's fire delay) Though dual wielding will likely lead to lower accuracy with both weapons, in most games the second hand suffers quite a bit. Obviously you have to wait for actual details but it's a fairly standard element of combat games for them to act in that way.

Ral.png
I figured as much. Just boosting my weapons skills currently, and wanted to put them in the more effective type. Thanks for the into people.

jesbDYa.jpg

Year 7 Day 344 12:08
Ralgarrch
Ralgarrch
There's really little point using skill points yet, the scraps of rules relating to most of them on the site are at best out of date and useless, let alone when combat's actually created. Unless you're going to use a skill, like comp ops for prospecting, why spend skill points on it?

Ral.png
Year 7 Day 346 13:34
Yes, I agree. However, ... on the types of combat, WP (projectile, non-projectile), I think boosting it to somewhat back what you are doing in WS is good, since that is what I as planning on doing anyway. Also, there isn't going to be much of a surprise I think in those two skill sets. However, .. on things as far as space command and things like that, yes, a waste until the rules are set.

jesbDYa.jpg