Day

Time

20:39:34

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CenterRPG CenterQuestion Center
Archives » Making an account for my brother
Hi, when I try to make my brother an account it comes up with this message

The Handle you provided does not match our rules requirements. Make sure you are not using too many Restricted Names or Titles.
It is highly recommended that you read The Character Creation Rules
Please go [back] to fix it up.

We have tried different names and as far as I am aware, the name dues comply (troy doom)

We will be a multi but I am putting that in when i set it up

Can some one help?

First of all, your brother needs to register his own account. You may not at any time access that account, else you are in violation of the multi rules. As such, be sure that he is the one registering for himself.

Remember that he needs to enter the handle so that each name begins with a capital letter; registration is case sensitive.

swcforumsig

sorry he is putting in capital letters at the being

and sorry if it sound like I am making the account I am sort of back seat account making i to start off with just wanted to make short hat the mulit bit was filled in then with it not working he so I asking me to fix it that?s why I am posting

and its still come up with that message

Edited By: Nick Doom on Year 7 Day 347 0:19
Alright. We actually have had some problems with players trying to register with perfectly legitimate handles and still getting rejected on the basis of having an invalid handle. You may need to wait for an admin to spot this thread and take a look to see what's causing these problems. The alternative would be for your brother to just register with a different handle (but you should both be aware that he won't be able to change it later, so that's his decision).

swcforumsig

we did try different 1st names so would it be the last name we need to change

he as agreed on a differnt but simmer name Doomish instead of Doom and he is just awaiting aproval thanks for your help

Ralgarrch
Ralgarrch
I'd imagine someone doesn't like the name Doom.

Ral.png
Then there would have been a delay and e-mail notification rather than receiving that message that was pasted on the very next page.

swcforumsig

Ralgarrch
Ralgarrch
I should have payed more attention, ignore the Wookiee and listen to the green lady who knows what shes talking about.

Ral.png
kk i did get the email by why cant he have that its not like ppl will get mixed up like if it was nick doon but ok so can he have the last name doom yet

1. YOU got the e-mail? You should re-read my first post.

2. I don't see why he couldn't have the same surname as you.

swcforumsig

http://www.psdnow.com/download/file/j5QOJEHgQw/

image j5QOJEHgQw

Is there any reason this should not be accepted

If you're the one registering for him.. yes, there is.

If he's registering himself, then it looks fine, and I'd refer you back to my second post in this thread.

swcforumsig

ok my bro has made his a count under a second new name Julius Britannicus he put me in the multi box when he retested do i still need to send and email to the mulity thing

No you don't. Entering the registered multi's name in the field on the join form is sufficient.

swcforumsig