Year

Day

Time

14:23:32

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CenterRPG CenterQuestion Center
Archives » FACTION: Faction Ownership Question
I have never been an majority owner of a group without being leader as well. What kind of abilities does an owner have in terms of the group he/she owns compared to a leader?

The rules page talks about being able to change the group's leader, but I saw nothing else.

Does the owner, for example, have the ability to make over equipment (ships, vehicles, etc.) or transfer money from the group to another? I understand if he can't do all the day-to-day operations stuff that a leader can.

I've always had the idea of founding another group in the back of my mind, and today as I was thinking about it, this question of abilities/privileges came up.

Edited By: Rhyasan Kronos on Year 8 Day 69 22:26
Year 8 Day 2 9:49
The Owner doesn't have any power in the group unless he's also a member with privileges. You can do things like view the inventory through the Protect/Unprotect screen, see the value, and check the active membercount. But you can't make anything over, or see the actual memberlist, etc, unless you are the leader/other person with privileges assigned.

That's one of the reasons we see all those leadership-change floods on the GNS flashnews - owners will transfer around factions to shuffle assets, etc.

You really need to find a competant person you can trust to run the second faction for you, and communicate well with them to make sure things go according to plan.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 8 Day 2 11:18
Thanks Hal. I'll have to keep that in mind if I ever decide to form a second group. It will be a while before that happens, though, the way I make money.

Year 8 Day 7 0:26
Jesfa Ackmin
Jesfa Ackmin
Owners can do next to nothing unless they lead the faction.

To check the inventory, you can unprotect/protect assets, but it doesn't show everything: mats and credits aren't in the list.

The only other options you have is to release stocks, which can only be done if you own 100% of the stocks, or to change owner, which in essense is the same as sell stocks.