195 are online

Year

Day

Time

11:42:05

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 8 Day 6 5:17
Currently on a mission to scan a planet and was just wondering if you scan an area, do you have to check manually to see if theres anyone there, or will it store a log so you can check after?

It's because, at the moment if having to travel 5 squares, check the map, travel another 5 squares, etc; and it's taking ages. can I just move up one row, then if I detect anything, it will be in a log type thing?

-- Thor Kolo --
Year 8 Day 6 13:21
Nope, you have to do it manually.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 8 Day 6 17:09
Ah your joking.

This could take me weeks.

-- Thor Kolo --
Year 8 Day 6 21:17
That's why I don't give scanning jobs to my members. It's usually "make-work", and often more mindnumbingly boring than letting them fly around amusing themselves. But then, I seem to be in the minority with that policy.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 8 Day 6 21:45
Zero Turner
Zero Turner
Actually only takes a few days, most people don't move around much. I usually make an Excel sheet and input my scans there...yeah it sucks. Manual Labor...Gotta Love It!

Good Luck though

Zero-sig.jpg

Year 8 Day 7 6:37
It's definately hard work and boring too but if the scans are legitimately needed then there's no other way.

Otherwise I don't like assigning my people busy work, it's bad for morale in my experience.

Year 8 Day 7 14:18
Mandor Bg
Mandor Bg
I have a question about scanning too.

Are we supposed to be able to see what entities are there on the ground without having to go down into the city and do the scan from the ground level?

In other words if I go to the descend screen should I see the ships, vehicles, NPCs, etc... that are in the city?

Year 8 Day 7 15:17
Ralgarrch
Ralgarrch
All you should see are the facilities.

Ral.png
Year 8 Day 7 15:24
Mandor Bg
Mandor Bg
Thanks for the quick answer.