Year

Day

Time

18:45:04

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Page 1 2
Year 8 Day 34 1:04
Yesterday evening I set an hyperdrive course of more than 5 days long, and engaged the jump.
When I connected today morning (~12 hours later) to check messages, my ship was dropped of hyperspace and standing in deep space.

What happened? I remember clearly the Nav computer showing "5 days, XX hours, ..."
And I am SURE I didn't abort the jump (I'm not a suicidal maniac :) )

Best regards,
Lieutenant Commander Losim Sakin
Toskan Transports
Year 8 Day 34 1:13
There have been instances of people arriving unexpectedly at places other than the destination they chose, but as I understand it they've usually been at the given ETA.

The best thing to do would probably to look for the other bug about this issue on the Bug Base (you'll need to register a separate account - it doesn't automatically use your Combine one), and see if it fits the pattern of what happened to you. If it doesn't, start a new bug report for it.

You should probably also check your Events from the cockpit screen, and see what that says about your exit from hyperspace.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 8 Day 34 5:25
Indeed, checking the log, something went wrong.
Here the log (reversed for convenience).

Year 8 Day 32, 14:30 Your ship stopped travelling at (14, 3).
Year 8 Day 32, 14:39 The computer confirms the coordinates to (-XXX, XXX) and you engage the hyperdrive motivator.
Year 8 Day 32, 19:48 Your ship exited hyperspace at (19, 10) in deep space (YYY, -YYY).

Comments:
14:30, I cleared the gravity well.
14:39, Jumped to (-XXX, XXX).
19:48, Exited at (YYY, -YYY) not far from the jumping point (the travel time seems to be correct)

That's really strange. I will see the bug reports.

Edited By: Losim Sakin on Year 8 Day 34 12:16

Best regards,
Toskan Transports
Year 8 Day 34 12:14
It seem that I am not the first to see this thing. Other have randomly popped out of hyperspace.
I only hope that this doesn't lead to self destruction into a star...

Edited By: Losim Sakin on Year 8 Day 34 12:15

Best regards,
Toskan Transports
Year 8 Day 34 12:53
Trent Hackworth
Trent Hackworth
There have been instances of people arriving unexpectedly at places other than the destination they chose, but as I understand it they've usually been at the given ETA.

- Hal Breden

Yah, We already know. And Last time i looked Deep Space has no Star's so your Proberally be Fine. Anyway, you submitted a bug report so if you DO run into something because of a bug it can be reverted.

Year 8 Day 34 13:58
This is a little different, I didn't exit from hyperspace at the right time in the wrong place, I simply dropped out from hyper too early.
But this was also already in the bug base.

Best regards,
Toskan Transports
Year 8 Day 34 14:43
Trent Hackworth
Trent Hackworth
I'm pretty sure its Related to the same Bug though.

Year 8 Day 35 13:22
Sylis Farani
Sylis Farani
Trent, his concern for exiting hyper on a star (sun) is actually valid. Despite the fact that he wound up in deep space this time, that does not say that someone might be pulled out of hyper smack dab on top of a sun.

Though I would be willing to bet that if that situation ever happened the admins might display show a rare instance of mercy to reverse it. Maybe...

Year 8 Day 35 14:56
Wes Reed
Wes Reed
Well, Sylis, It would be un fair to the person who went into the sun, if he wasnt revived. It wouldnt be his fault if a bug made him go into a sun.

Year 8 Day 35 15:08
That has happened before, actually, where players will sometimes drop out of hyperspace early at (10, 10) in a system. The Falleen sun is located at that sublight position, and in the one instance of which I am aware of a player dropping out into that sun, he was revived and his assets were returned to him.

swcforumsig

Year 8 Day 35 15:11
Wes Reed
Wes Reed
Yes, so if you didnt revive him, it would have been unfair. But how did you know what he had and how many credits he had?

Year 8 Day 35 15:13
Death by bug is, to my knowledge, always reversed. There have been a few delays when the contribution of the bug has been looked into, but when a bug causes the death, it gets reversed.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Year 8 Day 35 15:28
Admins can look up database events, Reed, to see what was deleted or moved to the market upon death.

swcforumsig

Year 8 Day 35 15:32
Wes Reed
Wes Reed
Cool

Year 8 Day 35 21:23
Jeb`el Ras
Jeb`el Ras
Losim Sakin, please add ac omment to the bug report, even though it is listed. Each piece of data helps to track down and fix the bug.

Sylis, I know of one case from Dec 23 that has yet to be resolved.

' ' ',
` Jeb`el
Moebius (co-founder)

When all its work is done, the lie shall rot; The truth is great, and shall prevail,
When none cares whether it prevail or not. - Coventry Patmore
Year 8 Day 37 5:47
OK, I will.
Speaking of Falleen, could someone give me access to FFI Public Trading Hub? I'm outside hailing, but no answers. I'd like to buy a ship.

Edited By: Losim Sakin on Year 8 Day 37 5:49

Best regards,
Toskan Transports
Year 8 Day 37 9:27
Sounds like a Falleen Federation building, and you should contact the faction to see if you can get access. I haven't tried scanning a building on foot - does it show you the owner when you do?

Year 8 Day 37 10:05
No, it's a trade space station.
I hailed but no response.
The scanner reports: Owner: Falleen Federation
I'm looking in the community tab for the description of the faction...
Doh, there's the leader name.
Good... I will DM him, but I think we should take a look to the hailings sometime... :)

Best regards,
Toskan Transports
Year 8 Day 37 12:29
Hailing only has a chance of being effective if the station (or ship, or whatever) is being manned at the time. Plus, with the way events show up, a lot of people tend to ignore the window the hails come up in. Making them stand out has been discussed a few times, but unfortunately there's been no improvement yet.

Year 8 Day 37 13:48
We can't give you access to entities around here; this is an OOC forum and that is an IC issue.

swcforumsig

Page 1 2