243 are online

Year

Day

Time

08:14:43

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CenterRPG CenterQuestion Center
Archives » errr.....appears im dead due to a bug or hack.
Lestat Calrontin
Lestat Calrontin
Well, what happened was, I was in Hosrel, and after doing some stuff there, I went to bed. I woke up and went to school. when I got home, I was in the middle of a sun, in a system that was a significant distance a way. not too significant....Id say within 20 hours of distance, cause my character went sometime in between 1am and 7pm). Either which way....im dead through no fault of my own, to my knowledge. I dont care whether you fix my account, and Id actually wouldnt mind if you didnt, but I would like it looked into. That way I know what happened or if it was a bug, it could be fixed and other folks wouldnt have to worry about it.

Phryss
Phryss
Were you traveling when you went to bed, or was it a magic teleport from one static location to another?

I dare you to make less sense.

rotate.php\"
Are you a newbie, or do you have access to newbies?
you know, you have to cheak that when you put in your cords that the system that youre in doesnt have a sun in the direction tyoure comming from.

like wookies, trandotions will rip your arms off... and they might eat your brain too.
Lestat Calrontin
Lestat Calrontin
I wasnt traveling to my knowledge when I got off and went to bed, but I checked the events and it said that I traveled there.

Deloth Ran, suns are not located at system entry points. There is, however, a bug floating around which can end hyper early and drop you out at (10, 10) within a system, which has been problematic for players dropping out at those coordinates in systems that have a sun at that location. However, that is reversed by the admins when reported. This is not related to that issue, either, since the player was not traveling in hyperspace at the time.

Looking over the account access logs, it was your normal IP address that was logged in at the time, Calrontin, and the event just prior to the death was sublight travel. This does not look like a hack, at the very least. Whether it is a bug or not that you ended up in a sun, someone else will need to look into.

swcforumsig

Trent Hackworth
Trent Hackworth
For some reason i think it was a Bug because not many people i know go "OHHH! Look at the Pretty Colors! Chewey Set a Course!" Traveling has been rather buggy recently and even sublight i suspect has a few strange bugs but generally it works Fine.

Could be, but still requires an admin to actually look into and confirm before any action is taken.

swcforumsig