snews
gnews
faction
inventory
combat
Message CenterRPG CenterQuestion Center
Archives » The main page refreshes when I try to log into SWC
Guest/Visitor

Problem: The main page refreshes when I try to log into SWC.

Solution: There are a number of possible solutions for this:

1. Try the Lost Password feature (again). Also remember that the password is case sensitive.
2. Clear your temporary files and cookies. In IE this is under
Tools->Internet Options.
3. Ensure that your browser is set to accept cookies.
4. If all else fails, you will almost definitely be able to log in with an alternate browser, such as Firefox (www.mozilla.org/products/firefox).

If none of these solutions work, post in the Questions for the Admin forum, confirming that you have tried all of these steps, particularly the last one, and an admin may be able to reset your password manually.

This problem is a serverside issue most commonly caused by the server not properly storing the password for Internet Explorer users, so it is important to determine whether or not Firefox allows you to log on.  

None of these work for me. I found out that my handle will appear in the 'on-line' list even though I am not logged in. Please help.

Handle: Rul Knizar

Are you sure you tried #4? That one usually solves the problem ...

mystats.php?uid=c1
Yeah, he mentioned on IRC that he uses Firefox and hasn't had any luck with that, either. In the past we've been able to have some admins manually reset player passwords somehow which has done the trick, so that may be needed in this case as well.

Ok, I've just reset your password, you should have gotten an email with it.
Please make sure that - if you copy/paste the handle and/or password - you don't include any additional spaces in the front or back.

mystats.php?uid=c1
Guest/Visitor

I still cannot login.

Anyway, thank you for the manual reset of the password.

Here looking forward to someone who can resolve my situation.

Rul

You most likely need someone with db access to reset it that way; the ASim tool doesn't do anything that Lost Password doesn't. As far as I know you already contacted BK? If he doesn't get back to you, Khan (khan@swcombine.com) might still be able to help, or at least direct you to someone who can do it for you. I am not sure how many people with db access regularly check here.

Guest/Visitor

could u change mine too i tried all of them accept for the change password 1??

Guest/Visitor

i mean there is something wrong here i set the firefox and everything mine is Narak Sark

Phryss
Phryss
As Syn said, you will likely need to enlist the help of someone who can manually change your password in the database. You can use khan@, blackknight@, or assistants@swcombine.com to get a hold of some of them and include a link to this thread.

I dare you to make less sense.

rotate.php\"
Are you a newbie, or do you have access to newbies?
Guest/Visitor

Request for the manual change of my password sent to Khan.

Rul Knizar

Guest/Visitor

The manual change of my password in the database did not worked. Another possible solution struck off the list.

I wonder whether I can still get the CP exchange droids if I can login again?

Rul Knizar

Trent Hackworth
Trent Hackworth
Stupid question but are you SURE your accepting Cookies? Because i just had a user on my private site which had that problem and if you font accept cookies most of the time it will just re fresh the page.

I seem to recall that you, Rul, had this problem once before, some time ago. I don't recall how you resolved it, but I assume that solution was the first thing you tried?

It sounds like it's probably something related to your computer, that's been caught again when the security on the login process was tweaked. Have you tried logging in from another computer?

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Guest/Visitor

Hi Hal!

I did have the same situation during the sync before the last one. I did not know how it was resolved but Khan helped me with it.

I have tried all the other computers in my home but to no avail.

From a note in the bug base, the problem comes from the proxy server.

And cookies are yummy.

Phryss
Phryss
It seems best for you to continue working with Khan, then, until he either declares it hopeless or sends you elsewhere.

I dare you to make less sense.

rotate.php\"
Are you a newbie, or do you have access to newbies?
You should note that some more work on the login system has been done this week, and it should hopefully (according to the person who did the work) clear up these lingering login issues. So try again after the next sync, and keep your fingers crossed.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Guest/Visitor

Kaede Kazegami here. I have this selfsame problem as well.

Here's what I have to offer in the way of observations:

1. Situation does not change regardless of what browser I use. I habitually have 3 web browsers installed for flexibility (IE, Firefox and Netscape). None of them worked.

2, Problem is not predictably recurrent. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, and I can't confidently tell when I'll strike gold. When I do manage to log in, I stay reliably logged in throughout the entire internet session (even if it lasts for days on end).

3. I encounter this problem when trying to log in from home (I am subscribed to a local public ISP). In contrast, I am able to log in reliably from my university network; said network, unlike the aforementioned public ISP, employs an undersea cable running directly all the way to Seattle; thus I am logging in through an entirely different ISP, presumably an American one. Conclusion: we can narrow the problem down and say that it is somehow ISPrelated. This sorta seems to support the proxy server theory.

Hope this helps.

Kaede Kazegami

Rul Knizar
Rul Knizar
I can log in!

Thank you to everyone who have assisted me in getting back into this game. You are great :D