Year

Day

Time

08:00:17

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 8 Day 131 21:10
couple more ?'s

1. will your ship automatically go around sun squares when you are travelling?

2. can you actually fly into a sun or do you have to leave hyperspace and 'fall' into the sun?

Year 8 Day 131 22:42
1) Yes.

2) Yes, you can run into a star on purpose. Personally, I think only single one man craft should be able to do it (after all, if you were a wingman or crew member, would you LET your leader ram you into a star?), but presently any and all ships can.

001.jpg\"
hapan_donator.jpg\"
Patriarch of House Ismay
Year 8 Day 131 22:43
1. Yes.

2. If you actually set the sun as your destination, your ship will fly into it.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 8 Day 132 20:34
ok i think i read somewhere that if you fly/exit hyperspace into a star, only the pilot is killed but im not sure if its true. anyone have an answer?

Year 8 Day 132 21:20
If you abort, and exit hyperspace in a system that happens to have a sun on the edge, you can hit it and be killed. Exactly what happens depends on the size of the ship. Fighters and I think freighters are destroyed Capital ships just take damage. It's in the Rules somewhere the exact results.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 8 Day 133 2:22
Ralgarrch
Ralgarrch
There are no stars in hyperspace exit points, if you abort you may end up in one though as you don't come out at an exit point. When flying into a sun freighters and fighters get destroyed, capital ships take damage+the pilot die+everyone else on board gets knocked out.

Ral.png
Year 8 Day 133 15:54
sorry i guess i didnt make my question very clear,

If a freighter with passengers flies into a star, are the passengers killed also?

Year 8 Day 133 16:41
http://rules.swcombine.com/?Movement#Sun_Damage

Read the fine manual. You want the end of the first paragraph.

swcforumsig

Can't see this sig or sometimes other images? Chrome now default blocks mixed content on secure sites like SWC.
Go to chrome://settings/content/insecureContent and add www.swcombine.com to the Allow list.
If you want. I'm not your dad or whatever.
Year 8 Day 133 20:42
thanks for that syn

Year 8 Day 134 4:56
If you abort, and exit hyperspace in a system that happens to have a sun on the edge, you can hit it and be killed.  

when you abort and exit hyperspace, you will not always end at the edge of a system.
I've many times aborted hypespace and exited quiet a lot in the middle of a system.

nom22.png

#Mayagil

Year 8 Day 134 14:34
Yes, systems shouldn't have suns on the edges at all. If you happen to encounter one let Kyle know; I believe he's the one who has been working on fixing that.

There was also a bug for a time that resulted in players dropping out of hyper normally in the middle of systems, and a few ended up in suns as a result, but as with all bugs, the effects are of course reversed.

swcforumsig

Can't see this sig or sometimes other images? Chrome now default blocks mixed content on secure sites like SWC.
Go to chrome://settings/content/insecureContent and add www.swcombine.com to the Allow list.
If you want. I'm not your dad or whatever.