Time

10:09:14

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CenterRPG CenterQuestion Center
Archives » Admins seem need to be unbiased
Year 8 Day 133 13:41
Guest/Visitor

I attempted to create an account to try out the game, I followed all of the character creation rules but was still delcined because some admin somewhere didnt like my chosen handle. To me that makes no sense whatsoever. As long as I follow the guide lines and not put anything bad or racial or cursing I dont see an admin can decline my handle.

Chosen handle "T`Rex Dino "

Now I ask you, what is wrong with that handle??

I have been T-Rex in many, many games and have never had an issue until now.

This is just childish behavior on the part of the admin who declined it.

I see no real reason to join this community now that I feel like it is being run by children.

Have fun and good luck in your endeavours.

T-Rex
aka
Ken Fields

Year 8 Day 133 13:51

You're the one trying to name yourself after a dinosaur. T'Rex Dino(saur).

Pick a valid name rather than a childish one and you would be accepted. Or do you lack any and all creativity that you need a name that sounds as if it was formulated by a five year old?

001.jpg\"
hapan_donator.jpg\"
Patriarch of House Ismay
Year 8 Day 133 16:35
As long as I follow the guide lines and not put anything bad or racial or cursing I dont see an admin can decline my handle. 

You obviously did not follow the guidelines, and most likely did not bother to read them in the first place. Please read the Character Creation rules page for details as to which handles are not allowed. Noting that the link to that page should have been included in your rejection mail, so you really should have read over it by now.

swcforumsig

Can't see this sig or sometimes other images? Chrome now default blocks mixed content on secure sites like SWC.
Go to chrome://settings/content/insecureContent and add www.swcombine.com to the Allow list.
If you want. I'm not your dad or whatever.
Guest/Visitor

"Or do you lack any and all creativity that you need a name that sounds as if it was formulated by a five year old?"

Hmmmm,

Actually it was my 4 year old son who gave me the T-Rex handle about 7 years ago. I use it because it makes him happy. I see nothing wrong with the handle.

It was fine for Star Wars Galaxy when that first came out, If Lucas Arts doesn,t mind why should this spin off mind??

Rex

I've also seen people in Galaxies with the name Omgi Ownu and Kronik Mastrbeter. Galaxies doesn't have even decent naming guidelines nor are they actually suited for roleplaying. The Combine, however, DOES have some roleplaying rules, including having to have a tolerable name.

Making your son is all fine and dandy, but if you want to play in a simulation rather than a money sponge like SWG, you need to pick a decent name.

001.jpg\"
hapan_donator.jpg\"
Patriarch of House Ismay
Besides, this isn't a spin off ... if you look at the handy clock in the top-left corner, you might notice that it says 8 below the Year label, indicating that this game has been around longer than SWG ... thus, SWG would be SWC's spin off.

mystats.php?uid=c1
Year 8 Day 134 13:21
Do not think of it as a handle for logging in purpose, but the name of the character you will be role-playing with the rest of the die-hard Star Wars fans from all around the world.

ranmasig0.png\"

SWC Fanpage --\\\\-- SWC Twitter
Guest/Visitor

Besides, this isn't a spin off ... if you look at the handy clock in the top-left corner, you might notice that it says 8 below the Year label, indicating that this game has been around longer than SWG ... thus, SWG would be SWC's spin off. 

I never said it was an SWG spinoff just a StarWars Spinoff.

I posted this post to see the maturity level of the people playing here and I found that of the 6 replies only one was respectful and courteous. I applaud Ranma for her tack and behavior. to the other people who replied I think you people are rude and lacking any maturity what so ever.

In a NEW MEMBERS area people who reply to a post should be more tolerant of new players. All your posts have done is make a new player NOT want to be part of this community. New players should feel welcome to join and not ridiculed right off the bat. Syn, I see you are the moderator of this area, you above all others should have extended the olive branch and tried to show me the way to becoming a member of the community. You chose to be rude and discourteous.

I now know the maturity level of this games player base, and I have to say it lacks the level that I would want to play with. I hope your game does well but I will not be part of it.

Rex

Chise Ekando
Chise Ekando
To be honest... if you're trying to sign up with "T'Rex Dino" and complain about not being accepted... don't expect respect. Honestly. Don't. That's like someone trying to sign up as Luke Skywalker and then complain about not being accepted.

And in case you haven't heard: respect has to be earned. That said, I think that everyone who has a "I respect everyone" setting is an idiot anyway. I, for myself, certainly won't respect anyone who doesn't read the rules, then tries to sign up with a completely redundant name like that and then complains after not being accepted (for quite obvious reasons). Now I'm sure you're thinking I'm rude. Well, why the hell should I care about what someone, who tries to sign up as a frakking dinosaur, thinks about me? You're obviously the crown of maturity, hence the name you chose to sign up with, right? The Tyrannosaurus Rex of maturity, old, huge and completely outdated by evolution. Makes me wonder... if you're so mature, why didn't you read all the rules and not just those that were convenient? Or are you too mature for something as trivial as that?

Don't want to stay? Fine. I don't think anyone will care.

Oh yeah and...
It was fine for Star Wars Galaxy when that first came out, If Lucas Arts doesn,t mind why should this spin off mind?? 

Now that looks to me as if you are referring to the Combine as SWG spin-off. Maybe you should have voiced it better.

src

My friends want me to raid
But I don't want to
So I make up a really bad excuse:
I got a squirrel
In my washing machine
Year 8 Day 135 14:47
I'm not sure what part of pointing out where this rule is located you consider rude or discourteous, but I would advise you to read the rules - and most certainly the official e-mails you receive - thoroughly before posting complaints that they answer in the first place. We are all volunteers here, and time spent responding to your concerns that are already clearly answered elsewhere is time not spent responding to players who truly need the assistance.

swcforumsig

Can't see this sig or sometimes other images? Chrome now default blocks mixed content on secure sites like SWC.
Go to chrome://settings/content/insecureContent and add www.swcombine.com to the Allow list.
If you want. I'm not your dad or whatever.