01:19:14

Login
snews
gnews
faction
inventory
combat
Year 8 Day 226 8:31
I was just seeing what I could do inside a ship while on a long hyper jump and decided to enter a vehicle in the hangar. Upon exiting I noticed that I had come out of hyper.

Can something be done to either stop people enter another vehicle whilst in hyper or have the jump not be aborted. It just seems strange to me that you can leave the cockpit and walk around without the jump aborting and not get into a vehicle.

I know that being in a certain vehicle whilst performing an action won't let you leave that vehicle, but will let it dock in a ship that is at the same coordinates.

If this is something I have to deal with through trial and error, thats fine, but I could have crashed into a sun or something without knowing that i was aborting my hyper jump and some other noob may not be as lucky as me.

Thanks.

Year 8 Day 226 9:28
It's due to the way locations are stored. The game only cares where YOU are, and not where the thing you're in is. Entering something docked in your ship counts as being in a different entity, which equates to "leaving your ship".

Why don't you go over to the Rules Update forum and suggest a new phrasing for that area of the rules which makes it clear that entering docked entities is included?

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.