195 are online

Year

Day

Time

08:24:19

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CenterRPG CenterQuestion Center
Archives » The Rules Team said it wasn't...ASims and the Help Team say it isn't...but Dreighton says it is...
Let's clear something up, if Vodo joins the Eidola Pirates and kills Teniel....is that actually a bannable offence? That seems...insane. Everybody I ask says that "It's not a rule, but Dreighton does ban people for it" - seems we need some form of consensus here - so can I ask what the official party line is?

If somebody infiltrates Eidola, and then robs them...or kills somebody...that's not OOC bannable...right?

TenielDjo.png
Yes, I would like an official answer to that as well. At the moment, nothing on the rules page forbids it, but there've been countless discussions on the subject and no official answer. Meanwhile nobody has a clear sense of the rules and we've had people banned for such ambiguous rules.

swcforumsig

Skye Varn
Skye Varn
I guess this just went dead then?
I was kinda curious about how it turned out...

I know that it was discussed on the mailing list some time ago but no agreement was reached. The short answer is probably that there is no official answer right now..

swcforumsig

Ralgarrch
Ralgarrch
We'll have an answer as soon as Teniel does the same ;)

Ral.png
It's legal so long as you're not doing it against the friends of certain Admins or factions they support. That seems to fit the precedence set anyway.

001.jpg\"
hapan_donator.jpg\"
Patriarch of House Ismay
Cam Antilles
Cam Antilles
The answer given by the man himself:
[04:07] that's the problem of the grey area
[04:07] but if someones purposely acts into the grey area, he should NOT complaint about possibly getting th ehammer on his nails.

- "Veynom"

If I understand the circumstances around the last time someone was banned for this, it was because people plotted OOCly to join another faction and kill part of its member base (the person in question hadn't had a character yet, so there was no way for the action to be done ICly). Thats my understanding of the last Ban, and I know EJ or Syn or someone posted this discussion I had with Veynom on the subject.

swcsig.jpg\"
\"Somewhere, there\'s a bullet with your name on it. The trick is to die of age before it finds you\"
On that though, hasn't the character existed as a NPC all this time? After all, having a 20-something person appear out of thin air isn't exactly IC either.

001.jpg\"
hapan_donator.jpg\"
Patriarch of House Ismay
Cam Antilles
Cam Antilles
An NPC which no PC has ever interacted with, stolen from, etc etc. There are plenty of people that wouldn't mind killing off their character every 3 weeks as long as they were able to get into an enemy faction and kill off the "bounty."

I personally believe, and have argued for, that it should be perfectly legal to go into another faction with the purpose of killing members of that faction. I'm not a big fan of the spying rules all together though *shrugs*. I feel like it limits game play in a lot of cases.

swcsig.jpg\"
\"Somewhere, there\'s a bullet with your name on it. The trick is to die of age before it finds you\"
Talon Xor
Talon Xor
Well, I would just like to comment...wouldn't it make sense to join the ranks of of which someone you're aiming to whack is in the ranks of? Meaning, if I was to kill Person A who is in Faction A... wouldn't it make sense to join Faction A to have a much better chance of getting to Person A. Or am I the only one to think this?

David Kellar
David Kellar
Did this ever get decided?

Since the guy got banned about the time Keir started this thread, I'd say it got pretty well decided.

Whether it was right is a whole other debate, that also hotly raged around the same time.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.