snews
gnews
faction
inventory
combat
Year 8 Day 319 11:27
Hawky Nester
Hawky Nester
While the ship is in hyperspace a character should not enter the vehicles that are docked inside his ship, bacause it will abort his travel.

Perhaps a strange question but just to be sure - Can i safely talk,brawl and etc. with my NPC onboard the ship while it is in hyperspace and dont worry about being kicked out of hyper or something like that?(if i am the pilot of course)

Year 8 Day 319 12:15
Cesodevo Avina
Cesodevo Avina
Yes, you can.

Time to go to war with the Flame Tigers!
Year 8 Day 319 13:01
As long as you stay directly on board the traveling ship, it doesn't matter what you do. That is all it tests.

Year 8 Day 320 9:42
Talon Xor
Talon Xor
It doesn't make sense that a ship would abort hyperspace when the pilot enters a vehicle inside the ship. After all, since the vehicle is docked on the ship, you're still technically in the ship. Care to shed some light on this, Syn?

Year 8 Day 320 9:54
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl
They added this to prevent people from setting a ship into a sun, then entering a docked vehicle to avoid any damage themselves. Why this rule also applies to non system travel, I know not.

Year 8 Day 320 10:32
Yes, you can brawl. Go nuts.

jesbDYa.jpg

Fights like Hurricane, Killing, Ecstasy, Insane.
Year 8 Day 320 12:59
Xor, the coding only determines whether or not you are directly on board the entity traveling. That is simply how it runs the check. If you board another ship you are no longer considered to be on the original entity.

Year 8 Day 320 14:52
Cesodevo Avina
Cesodevo Avina
If that's the case, then from my understanding, this method can be easily exploited. I don't want to give anyone any ideas here, so is there any mod or so that I can DM about the matter?

Year 8 Day 320 15:43
Xortyph LoKebo
Xortyph LoKebo
Is hyper aborted simply by entering a ship in the docking bay, or upon entering the cockpit in the ship in the docking bay?

Only the dead know the end of war.
Year 8 Day 320 19:50
Entering the ship. The moment you enter a different entity you are not considered as being in the traveling entity in which it is docked.

Year 8 Day 325 15:45
There's still an easy way around this issue, which I have already bug-based and was told by Vey that they're not going to do anything about it. If you assign 'none' as the pilot of the ship, then you can board any vessel in the ship without the original ship being stopped. You can, actually, undock the second vessel from the first and the first one will continue on its course as planned. So, effectively, you can sail a whole herd of NPC's or PC's into a sun if you want, and not actually be onboard the original ship.

:( Sucks, I know, but that's the way it is.

The problem is that if we did that, it could create dangerous abort when unassigning the ship of someone in hyper ...

- Veynom

Check out my Centrepoint listings!
Year 8 Day 325 23:35
Xortyph LoKebo
Xortyph LoKebo
Where will the second ship be, and will it be standing still when I undock it? That is, will the second ship just be stopped some where along the line of travel of the first ship?

Only the dead know the end of war.
Year 8 Day 326 8:11
Actually, that sounds like abusing a bug ... better report it to the bugbase.

mystats.php?uid=c1
Year 8 Day 326 8:14
Raktar Raleep
Raktar Raleep
I agree with Togan, that specific action isnt listed as a way to execute persons and as such should be considered a bug imo.

Year 8 Day 326 9:22
Cesodevo Avina
Cesodevo Avina
/me has already reported something similar to that to various people and lastly as a bug quite a while ago - so far without any form of feedback

Year 8 Day 326 10:16
Hawky Nester
Hawky Nester
I still dont understand why cant it be fixed so that you COULD enter docked entities while moving on ground,in atmosphere at least

Year 8 Day 326 23:28
Because of the number of database queries it would cause, for one. Then how far do you take it?

If I'm in a Swoop, docked in a YT-1300, docked in a YV-666, docked in an ISD, docked in a SSD, am I still considered to be aboard the SSD? Instead of one query to get the ID of my current container (the swoop), you'd need to run FOUR additional queries to check that I was in fact still on the SSD.

Then the simple fact is that the internal sensors of the SSD wouldn't know I was on the ISD (or the swoop in the YT, in the YV, in the ISD) as soon as I boarded it.

So both IC and OOC, it makes sense for it to only consider you to be on the ship when you are DIRECTLY on the ship.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.