01:37:31

Login
snews
gnews
faction
inventory
combat
Message CenterRPG CenterQuestion Center
Archives » Not 100% sure this is the right place...
Guest/Visitor

Frak it. I'll ask here anyway.

I attempted to join with the handle of "Kant Lavar." It's the name of a character I've played in multiple SW games on- and off-line for... god, six years now, and using it as a primary online alias for about the same amount of time. I recieved an email today saying that the handle was disapproved becuase, and I quote, "It was turned down because of the presence of a restricted name or adjective, such as 'Lord', 'Count' or 'Darth', or an existing Star Wars character name was chosen such as 'Luke Skywalker' or 'Han Solo'."

I know the chances of getting this name approved because *whine* it's my favorite */whine* are slim to none, so this is more a request for the reasoning. Is "Kant" a title I missed somewhere along the line, or is there a character out there with that name? Mostly I ask because when I google "Kant Lavar" (with quotation marks - I know there was a philosopher in ancient times named "Kant") everything that pops up save for one thing is me. So I'm a bit confused as to what the admins are talking about.

Phryss
Phryss
I don't recognize the surname Lavar from canon. It's possible that your handle was declined mistakenly, since join requests are generally done in large batches. You can always try again with the same handle if you like; the worst thing that can happen is you get declined again.

I dare you to make less sense.

rotate.php\"
Are you a newbie, or do you have access to newbies?
Guest/Visitor

Just tried that. Now the join application kicks it back. saying it's forbidden.

I can't find anything that has even a similar name on starwars.com or Wookieepedia.

Hell, I'd understand if they said it was already in use. I wouldn't be happy, but I'd understand.

Aiden Cora
Aiden Cora
Why not try a variation of the name?
Like Kant Lavarr

Guest/Visitor

I might, but given the history I have with the name I'd like to get a definite "that was intentional" or "oops, our bad" from the admins before I try that if at all possible.

Phryss
Phryss
It is also possible that there is someone in SWC with the surname Lavar, whose permission you would need to use the name, and the rejection message just doesn't mention it. Hard to say without the person who rejected it, though.

I dare you to make less sense.

rotate.php\"
Are you a newbie, or do you have access to newbies?
I might, but given the history I have with the name I'd like to get a definite "that was intentional" or "oops, our bad" from the admins before I try that if at all possible. 

Unfortunately that may not be an option; there are a large number of us with access to join requests, and most do not regularly visit the Problem Centre. I see nothing wrong with the handle myself and I do not recognize it, so it is strange that it was declined. It was likely automatically added to the handle blacklist as a result of that, due to the mechanics of the registration form.

In any case, I've spoken with one of the admins who has access to the blacklist and he has removed the handle from it so you should be able to submit another registration attempt with it now.

Kant Lavar
Kant Lavar
That did it. Thanks much.