Time

19:19:58

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CenterRPG CenterQuestion Center
Archives » Facilities in my City have 'No Name'
Mark Von Kenyon
Mark Von Kenyon
The city NPC Artheduinor 4 (ID# 790) of which I am the Owner has a number of Facilities. I believe I built them using NPCs belonging to a faction. But the facilities now have no Name and I am not part of the faction.

What can I do with them?

You can ask the owner to change the facilities' name, but that's it.

mystats.php?uid=c1
Mark Von Kenyon
Mark Von Kenyon
These are NPC facilities... can I get an admin to remove a building or something?

There is no reason for the facilities to be removed.

a) You did not build "NPC-owned facilities", stop lying
b) It's not difficult to see you're telling different stories in your two different threads...again, stop lying.

http://www.swcombine.com/forum/thread.php?thread=22751&page=0

Edited By: Teniel Djo on Year 8 Day 351 10:29

TenielDjo.png
Mark Von Kenyon
Mark Von Kenyon
I'm not trying to lie.

Here's the deal... I was doing stuff for a faction. I got a city in there somewhere. I was building a lot of stuff for the faction. I couldn't remember if I'd ever built stuff for myself.

I've been doing other stuff on SWC for about a year. I forget where I've built stuff.

No, you are right, I didn't build the NPC stuff. I don't know who did. But the city is useless if it's not powered, correct?

I can build a power gen in another spot, it'll look cheap tho.

Is there a section in rules that discusses NPC buildings? Where they come from, and things like that?

Mark Von Kenyon
Mark Von Kenyon
And when I said, 'I have this Tavern', I meant it was in my city. I'm sorry for the confusion.

I'm not sure where you got the city from, but it sounds like you got screwed.

And besides which, if you don't own the facilities in the city, then it's useless to you anyway.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Mark Von Kenyon
Mark Von Kenyon
Ok, I'm sure by now I'm looking pretty dumb, owning a city but not knowing how the buildings got there or what I can do with them.

However, is it possible to find out when/why/how they ended up there (since it is my city)? Could I have built them, or had other players build them and then by going inactive they went to NPC control?

Like I mentioned, I was involved in a bunch of building projects a year ago or so, but can't remember what or find the work orders for my jobs.

It's hard to say exactly how the city ended up with NPC facilities. Most of the ones I know of are on race homeworlds. The few others were specifically placed by Admins. Those that were owned by characters that have died show up, I'm pretty sure, with an owner of "For Sale On Market" (or something very similar).

Perhaps they were seized as asset loss because a player was banned? I'm not sure exactly what happens in such an instance, or who would end up owning such assets (or if they're just deleted).

Without more information, I'm going to have to say that those facilities were placed there as NPC facilities deliberately, by the Admin, and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.

If you want more information, your best bet is whoever gave you the city - they might remember where things came from, assuming they built the city and organised construction within it.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Mark Von Kenyon
Mark Von Kenyon
I'm pretty sure... and I could be wrong, but 90% sure I had a blank city to start with.

Then give the City ID so that someone with the appropriate level can go look at it. I've no idea how they got there.

Mark Von Kenyon
Mark Von Kenyon
City ID: 790

Just wondering if I could get a bit of info on how the buildings ended up there?

Kai Xaviar
Kai Xaviar
Have you checked the market http://www.swcombine.com/members/market/gm.php?entity_type=facility to see if any of the facilities are listed there?

Edited By: Kai Xaviar on Year 9 Day 35 17:35

ns-small.jpg\"

Those who stand for no-one, fall for anyone.

Mark Von Kenyon
Mark Von Kenyon
Here's a few of the buildings in my city:
Skyscraper 100 flats NPC 1, 1 No
Civic Centre NPC 9, 1 No
Skyscraper 100 flats NPC 13, 1 No
Civic Centre NPC 9, 5 No
Power Generator NPC 1, 9 No
Tavern NPC 5, 9 No

None of those seem to be listed on the marketplace.

They aren't on the market, they are NPC owned.

mystats.php?uid=c1