201 are online

Year

Day

Time

20:06:35

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 8 Day 362 6:43
I know this sounds stupid, but I have been practicing PHP coding for a little while and I am fairly adequate in my skills. I hope one day to help out on the Development team, but my current skills are not "Up to par" and I would be more of a liability than an asset. But I am practicing and hopefully will reach that level soon. Anyway, my question concerns the enabling of .php files on the server. From my knowledge the coding can be written on Windows notepad, saved as a .php file and then transfered onto the server somehow. Is this how the SWCombine implements 'others' coded files for implementation.???

V_logo.jpg\"

Year 8 Day 363 23:41
Azrakh Raleep
Azrakh Raleep
If you code in notepad, simply save your code as .php and it can be uploaded as a PHP file. Most servers already have PHP enabled, but if your's doesn't ask Kyle, Orion, or Khan how to do it. I'm sure they wouldn't mind helping.

Transfer from computer to a server can take place in various ways, depending on the method/type of FTP used by the server. For my school's website that I maintain, I'm simply given a password and a username, and I use those to access the server through windows explorer. My personal server uses a built in client, and the SWC uses various types of secured-uploading software.

lightsig2.png
Year 8 Day 365 10:15
alright, thanks I appreciate it

V_logo.jpg\"