Time

06:17:27

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CenterRPG CenterQuestion Center
Archives » Question about faction creation and faction assets rules
Mateo Akita
Mateo Akita
Hi all. I went on IRC in the channel #swc-help. I met Phryss and he recommended me to come here and raise my point.

There are incongruence between the rules and logics used when determining faction value.

I'm about to create a faction and according to the rules:

http://rules.swcombine.com/?Faction_Creation

A minimum capital is required to create a faction. The required capital depends directly of the faction's type. The capital may be composed of:

* Cash (credits)
* Ships
* Vehicles
* Facilities

The value of the material assets will be determined by their selling price on the market. 

According to the second rule:

http://rules.swcombine.com/?Factions#Faction_Assets

The faction capital is based on the server value of its owned assets. The following assets are counted in the faction capital:

* Ships: valued at 2x RMP
* Vehicles: valued at 2x RMP
* Facilities: valued at 2x RMP
* Space Stations: valued at 2x RMP
* Cities: valued at the unused percentage of their creation price (see Cities rules)
* Raw Materials: valued at their Mining rules
* Credits
* Stocks: valued as defined in section 3 

On the faction creation rule, raw materials and city slabs are not listed as "capital" allowed to create a faction but, in the "faction assets" rule, both are listed as capital for a faction.

The way I am reading this, raw materials cannot be used as capital to create a faction, but as soon as the faction is created, the raw materials value begin to be counted in to the faction capital value. It is the same for the city slabs. So, if I am right, there is a difference between these 2 rules.

Would it be possible to know why there is a difference between these 2 rules. From my point of view, I do not understand why the maw materials + the city slabs values should not be counted when creating a faction, if both of them are counted in faction capital, after faction creation.

Is this correct, or is one of the rules incorrectly displayed on the rules pages?

If this is correct, I would like to request that the rule is changed, so that RMs and city slabs values are used to count towards the needed capital value needed to create a faction.

Thank you very much for you attention.

Regards,

Mateo Akita

Mateo Akita
Mateo Akita
Nobody could answer me?

I know there certainly was a difference between what counted as capital to start a faction, and what counted as capital for avoiding dissolution. But I sure can't tell you what falls into each of the exact categories. The Rules pages were accurate at one time, but the code may have been changed and the rules not updated to reflect it.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Mateo Akita
Mateo Akita
Thank you very much for this answer. In that case, modify the rules and update them?

There is an appropriate forum for suggesting updates to the rules pages, in that <--- direction.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Mateo Akita
Mateo Akita
Ok thank you.