Day

Time

04:39:53

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 9 Day 36 17:04
AllTeam
AllTeam
So I was aboard a Cap-ship. I walked around the ship while it was in hyperspace and boarded a ship in the hanger. It reverted the Cap-ship to hyperspace.

I want to know if this is intended by the game as I never had the ship in the hanger exit the larger vessel. While i see the reasoning behind it (leaving a vessel loses a pilot). However, what if someone is grabbing their gear aboard a ship in the hanger?

Just thought I would throw this out there

Sig-Allteam.png

Year 9 Day 36 17:35
Liet Kinds
Liet Kinds
This is an intended function of the game and possibly very dangerous, as aborting hyperspace jumps can lead to running into a sun.
Get your gear together before starting the jump or wait until it's done.

Year 9 Day 36 20:02
It's due to the way the game stores your location information, AT. You only have a single container, even if that is stored in another container.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 9 Day 37 13:10
Cesodevo Avina
Cesodevo Avina
Pfft, even if so, it's not like anything is going to happen to you. When the cap enters realspace and lands in a sun, you won't be harmed because according to the coding, you are not on the ship when it lands in the sun. And you can't be harmed by something if you are nowhere near it.

So basically, when you are in a capital ship in hyperspace and have a vessel onboard, boarding that vessel gives you a 100% insurance of surviving a sun encounter if the hyperspace abort goes wrong. Add that to the 'view hyperspace location though item inventory' issue that was also never resolved, you're basically set for not ever being harmed in any way.

Of course, the ship will be damaged and any PCs onboard will get 0 HP and NPCs die, but you yourself will be fine. And in my egoistic thinking, that's all that matters.

Time to go to war with the Flame Tigers!
Year 9 Day 37 16:52
AllTeam
AllTeam
interesting.

Sig-Allteam.png

Year 9 Day 37 21:14
From a coding point of view, it wouldn't be difficult to say that "exiting the ship starts a 2-hour countdown", and *after* the two hours, the ship is unable to function without its captain. But to believe that a ten second run to grab your stuncuffs off the seat of your speeder completely incapacitates the ship seems...ludicrous.

That, or a final use for the NPC droids - *they* allow you to exit the ship for a couple hours without it revertin...off to the suggestions centre!

TenielDjo.png