Day

Time

05:19:23

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 9 Day 38 1:45
Vacuus Eversor
Vacuus Eversor
I suppose this would be most easily asked with a little story.

Two people are on a ship, one from Faction A, Sam, and one from Faction B, Bob. Sam and Bob are not getting along, and the ship is in a system/sector Faction A controls, so Sam decides to A/E Bob. However, Bob manages to get the ship into hyperspace before Sam can accomplish his deed, with the destination being space that Faction B controls. Can either of these two A/E while in hyper or does Bob need to wait until the ship arrives?

Year 9 Day 38 2:02
I'm pretty sure you can't AE in hyper. There may be an exception if it's a capital ship belonging to Faction A. In which case getting into Faction B's territory won't do them much good anyway.

And it also relies upon both A and B being governments, as otherwise their faction controlling the territory is irrelevant.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 9 Day 38 14:17
Vacuus Eversor
Vacuus Eversor
Ok, thanks.

Year 9 Day 38 14:20
Lance Hawke
Lance Hawke
Galactic Government owns the hyper lanes unless it's a government capital ship that Sam and Bob are flying.

Year 9 Day 38 20:33
Are you sure, Lance? I was always told you couldn't A/E in hyper.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Year 9 Day 38 21:45
Azrakh Raleep
Azrakh Raleep
Well if someone wants to meet, me we can test it out. >_>

lightsig2.png
Year 9 Day 39 4:00
No, hyperspace is not owned by anyone. It is definitely true that if you are on a freighter in hyperspace, you cannot OOF A/E.

swcforumsig

Can't see this sig or sometimes other images? Chrome now default blocks mixed content on secure sites like SWC.
Go to chrome://settings/content/insecureContent and add www.swcombine.com to the Allow list.
If you want. I'm not your dad or whatever.
Year 9 Day 39 4:06
Jaggo Bral
Jaggo Bral
I remember items giving a location in HS, so up to now I was under the impression that you still have a location (technically spoken) while traveling through hyper. So if you're passing through a sector controlled by a government in a non-cap ship, these gov has A/E privs on your ship. I might be wrong, though, never tried it...

jbsigfaj5.jpg\"
Year 9 Day 39 4:53
You do technically have a location, but A/E distinguishes that you are traveling and that hyperspace does not have a government.

swcforumsig

Can't see this sig or sometimes other images? Chrome now default blocks mixed content on secure sites like SWC.
Go to chrome://settings/content/insecureContent and add www.swcombine.com to the Allow list.
If you want. I'm not your dad or whatever.
Year 9 Day 39 9:58
Lance Hawke
Lance Hawke
I would go test it out but the Consortium doesn't exactly hand out their arrest privileges like bantha ribs.

Year 9 Day 39 10:13
Cesodevo Avina
Cesodevo Avina
What about deep space? So, inbetween sectors? Can GG arrest there?

Time to go to war with the Flame Tigers!
Year 9 Day 39 10:15
Yes, deep space between sectors is owned by the GG. Unless it's a govt capship you're on, there, of course.

Year 9 Day 39 10:40
Cesodevo Avina
Cesodevo Avina
Okay, thanks.

Time to go to war with the Flame Tigers!