Day

Time

05:23:40

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 9 Day 54 3:30
Herbert West
Herbert West
Could you make another star wars combine galaxy(server,site,what ever that is) for the new guys?
Where there are still planets to take and without combat ever,just the possibility to arrest people,just like now.
This one is pretty capped for newcommers

Edited By: Herbert West on Year 9 Day 54 3:32

herbiesig2copyn.png\"
I support the consumption of ewoks.
Year 9 Day 54 11:19
No, No, No, No and Hell no. There is no combat, and if your not overly annoying your perfectly safe from A/E.

\"Visit
Year 9 Day 54 11:32
Wait till combat comes out in the next year. Then the new guys will have plenty of room to advance.
As far as a clean server?
It would take a considerable amount of donations to do that, I supect over 10K dollars (up keeps and server bandwith).

http://black-nebula-engineering.webstarts.com/?r=20130805205517

Looking for donations for Give freelancers the Galaxy fund.
Year 9 Day 54 11:36
He SAID there's no combat. His complaint is that in his belief, the server is "full". I can understand that viewpoint. After all, it's hard to find planets that aren't already claimed. There are hundreds of factions. And so on.

That said, the developers (including Veynom) have stated their intentions that they believe they'll release the Combine code as open source after it's completed so that other games can be built on the engine. Which, of course, means we'll eventually see BSG games, Star Trek games, likely more Star Wars games but set in other timelines or even the same one, and who knows what else.

Eventually there will be more "Galaxies". At the current time though, we'll only have this one. And technically the development server, but that's different. =P

001.jpg\"
hapan_donator.jpg\"
Patriarch of House Ismay
Year 9 Day 54 14:06
Jeb`el Ras
Jeb`el Ras
This one is pretty capped for newcommers 

I beg to differ.
Any newcomer worth a damn will advance quite rapidly in virtually any group in the game.

Now, if your complaint is that it's hard as a newcomer to go out and make your own faction, i disagree, as it's easier than ever to get the cash to do so just by CP rewards.

Now, if your complaint is that most of the planets are controlled, then be creative .. there are hundreds of unclaimed moons, asteroids and gas giants. Maybe not the planets you prefer, but they're certainly out there.

Point being, if you apply yourself, you CAN accomplish quite a lot.

' ' ',
` Jeb`el
Moebius (co-founder)

When all its work is done, the lie shall rot; The truth is great, and shall prevail,
When none cares whether it prevail or not. - Coventry Patmore
Year 9 Day 54 15:07
Herbert West
Herbert West
i dont think things will change when combat comes,except that we get pwnzorred some more and there will be like 2 factions left :D
its more interesting like it is now,many factions to choose from.
thanks for your replies fellow combiners
now close the thread
i`m sorry i have opened it

Edited By: Herbert West on Year 9 Day 54 15:10

herbiesig2copyn.png\"
I support the consumption of ewoks.
Year 9 Day 57 12:26
Cam Antilles
Cam Antilles

That said, the developers (including Veynom) have stated their intentions that they believe they'll release the Combine code as open source after it's completed so that other games can be built on the engine. Which, of course, means we'll eventually see BSG games, Star Trek games, likely more Star Wars games but set in other timelines or even the same one, and who knows what else.

Umm... since when? To my knowledge, SWC has and always will be a closed source game.

swcsig.jpg\"
\"Somewhere, there\'s a bullet with your name on it. The trick is to die of age before it finds you\"
Year 9 Day 57 12:49
No, Veynom did mention in a thread somewhere (General Talk, I think) about releasing the source once SWC was finished, so people could create their own sims in other universes.

It wasn't a guarantee, or a formal declaration of official policy, but it was mentioned.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 9 Day 57 13:34
^

I think it was actually in this section before when someone asked about it.

Found it:
http://www.swcombine.com/forum/thread.php?thread=20991&page=0

001.jpg\"
hapan_donator.jpg\"
Patriarch of House Ismay