195 are online

Year

Day

Time

08:29:42

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CenterRPG CenterQuestion Center
Archives » Room for „Private Free Enterprise“ and personal Development?
Room for „Private Free Enterprise“ and personal Development?

Facts are:
When you join a Faction your job is somehow stupid:
1.) Flying from A to B carring: Rawmat., Personal, Ships, etc.
(Flying sucks: why isn't it posible to programm a flight from Start to End [Batch])
2.) Managing Facilities (actaviate and wait)
3.) Maybe building (for the fraction)

Therfor you get Credits:
But, there isn't anything to buy with your money that makes any gaming sense (eg. makes you money or develops your character)

Even if you get your own ship (by horting a lot of cash, or produce CP points over months), what can you do with it, that makes some commertial sense.
As I understand it most of the chash making options are only open to fractions.

Is it possible to develop some ‘own stuff’ (without the fraction) in SW-Combine (in a reasonable time not years)?

Examples:
1) Own Buildings, inclusive the whole building from the ground stuff?

2) Maybe an own City somewhere (and how to get the money)?

3) Perhaps a Spacestation?
Can I produce any stuff (e.g. Ships) when I am owning a Sp.-station, or am I dependent from other fractions (for Data pads)

4) Or some other Stuff for personal financial development.

A Noobs Guide to make a succsessfull Character would be nice!

Ka`rla Leakey
Ka`rla Leakey
Hi Carmen, I think you may be getting a few things mixed up. Only factions can collect tax and build items and ships, etc but they are not the only people to be able to build facilities for income.

If you manage to find an empty moon/planet or asteroid you can drop a city slab on it and build almost any city you would like. Granted some facilities are restricted to certain faction types but that doesn't mean you can't build yourself a decent city with what is left. For the time scale this may or may not take years depending on how quickly you can raise the large amounts of money needed to make the construction possible.

A Noobs Guide to make a succsessfull Character would be nice! 

That's easy: Join a faction.

You don't need to own all your own stuff to be successful. In fact, it doesn't mean you're successful, it just means that you own a lot of stuff. You're far better off putting up with some of the tedious faction jobs (as leader of my faction, I still do a lot of these jobs myself, just because) and getting involved and progressing through the ranks/levels of the faction. It's easier and more relevant to be successful within a group than on your own. The game is designed around factions and many of the features are exclusive to them. It's difficult to get anywhere as a freelancer, and your options as such will be quite limited.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Rav Isaar
Rav Isaar
There is a guide, look at the top tabs to "The Guide"

Rav, the guide does not answer the questions or address the concerns she has. Her point was that "The Guide" provides info to get started, but no guidance for beyond the first week.

I have DMed her and answered her questions and advised her of some of the ways she may look to find more opportunities, as well as opportunities specific to the faction she and I are both in.

For anyone asking the same questions; I'd suggest trying to find a mentor. If nothing else, maybe ask here if someone would be willing to be a mentor and help a newbie out.

Warning this is strictly Orions McPhees Opinion, it may or may not have any bearing on events true or imagined

orionsigmy0.jpg\"

ask here if someone would be willing to be a mentor and help a newbie out. 

That's part of what factions are for, really. A good faction will help you develop player and character skills, as well as develop into a good member of that faction. But you may need to ask for that help, and show willingness to learn and get involved.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
So based on Hals comment,

Ask for a mentor in your faction,

If that fails, you may want to seek a faction more to your liking, or look outside your faction for a mentor.

Warning this is strictly Orions McPhees Opinion, it may or may not have any bearing on events true or imagined

orionsigmy0.jpg\"

Jack Monday
Jack Monday
As for getting your own stuff you must first collect resources...easier done if in a faction

Just like in RL were you go out and work....a job=get money...and money=things