123 are online

Year

Day

Time

05:25:57

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 9 Day 130 10:51
In several places in teh books as well as the movies there are examples of people who have or use the force without having been tested by a Jedi/Sith Master.

Anakin Skywalker - Flying speeders with force assistance before meeting a Jedi.
Halla in Splinter of the Minds Eye used the force with no jedi training.

So my suggestion is that when certain events align, if your character is force sensitive the force meter just apears and you know you have the power. Make the odds lean, like 1/10 teh odds of testing.

It would be interesting to have the rare force sensitive apear in game outof reach of any of the existing force types, may even allow for a new type IE Not Jedi, Not Sith. I see no reason SWC should be limited to pure good or pure evil... :)

Note: I AM NOT propsing that there would be more force sesitivity I'm simply proposing that some should be able to find out on their own and nobody would "necessarily" know about it...

Tarc Drathul

Year 9 Day 130 10:55
Interesting idea. I have followed many of the books and agree on your statement. I'm curious as to the response from the community on this.

Year 9 Day 130 11:58
Neth Dharek
Neth Dharek
Anakin was not aware that he was Force-Sensitive, he just thought he was good at piloting speeders, hence he wouldn't see his Force Meter appear in the game.

The Force-Sensitiveness in SW can be quite grey, with people who don't know they're FS being able to use it (Leia somewhere in Ep V IIRC). However, that can't be coded into the game properly, and wouldn't work out very well.

The whole "need a FS to find if you're FS" is there to keep a balance in the game, so Force-Sensitives are forced to work together with a minimum of cohesion instead of just popping out of nothing and waving their lightsabers around.

Not going to happen. It wouldn't make your chances at becoming FS better, so don't bother about insisting on it.

Year 9 Day 130 12:23
The whole "need a FS to find if you're FS" is there to keep a balance in the game, so Force-Sensitives are forced to work together with a minimum of cohesion instead of just popping out of nothing and waving their lightsabers around. 

I love you, Neth. You're perfect in every way. =D

FS is how it is because of balance, like Neth stated. Any new system or suggestion would have to maintain that balance.

If you have this as a suggestion, it would go in the Suggestions forum, though I believe it's a restricted topic.

Year 9 Day 130 12:41
Phryss
Phryss
So my suggestion is 

We do indeed have a Suggestions forum. This isn't a tech support issue.

I dare you to make less sense.

rotate.php\"
Are you a newbie, or do you have access to newbies?
Year 9 Day 130 12:58
may even allow for a new type IE Not Jedi, Not Sith. I see no reason SWC should be limited to pure good or pure evil... :) 

If you believe every Force user in this game is either strictly Jedi or Sith then you really don't know much about them.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 9 Day 130 13:08
Those characters who can tap into the Force naturally draw on its power to enhance their own abilities. Though a character may not even know he/she is a Force user, they gain the bonuses to their abilities automatically. Ability bonuses are linked to facet values, not to any skill. The higher a character's associated facet value, the greater the related ability bonus.

- rules

I don't see any disclaimer so is it safe to assume this is fully implemented.

Warning this is strictly Orions McPhees Opinion, it may or may not have any bearing on events true or imagined

orionsigmy0.jpg\"

Year 9 Day 130 13:22
No, it's not.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Year 9 Day 130 20:49
OOps... I rewrote this a couple times and my question morphed into a suggestion... :) Shoulda likely moved the post..

What I meant was the FS "seems" divided into two groups, where I wondered if there could be more. Obviously what your saying is that it could...

I was really more curious about this as history. Thats how I got started int he question not the suggestion area... sigh....

I wasn't suggesting any thing so fancy as increasing abilities via the force without the player knowing. I was thinking more like the force meter appears on the screen when you get real real lucky,, from then on its up to the player... Guess really I had a question and a suggestion...

Thanks much for the responses...

Tarc

Year 9 Day 130 21:15
The intention is for the bonuses to normal abilities offered by the Force to take effect whether you are FS or not. Currently, that is not the case and if it were changed, it would be obvious on the skill point assignment screen.

The Force redesign intends to change the way this bonus operates (as an equation bonus, not a direct skill bonus, in the same manner as is intended for items) and apply it to anyone who is FS, whether they are aware of it or not.

Year 9 Day 130 23:46
Thanks for the clarification Hal.

Warning this is strictly Orions McPhees Opinion, it may or may not have any bearing on events true or imagined

orionsigmy0.jpg\"

Year 9 Day 131 21:47
Thanks that answered my question... :)

TArc