184 are online

Year

Day

Time

10:17:39

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CenterRPG CenterQuestion Center
Archives » Spying Rules: Limiting Clause?
Year 9 Day 197 18:19
Question on spying rules: They specifically state "Internal organization and structure are the only secrets the group can defend for now." This is marked as 'Important' and encased in a bright red box. Does that therefore define restricted classified information, for the purposes of the spying rules, as internal organization and structure? And therefore permit sales and trading in orders information, hidden system coordinates, advance information on government action, and misc. other things, so long as they do not include information on the group's internal organization or structure?

Would I therefore, for instance, be able to purchase the knowledge that a faction was about to ally with a government, before it was made public, as long as I didn't have which players were making the decision or in what capacity?

This seems like a rather absurd loophole to me, but I realized that it's explicitly stated in the rules. And I can't see any other reason for it other than as a specific limiting clause, because it IS a specific scope limiting clause. I don't, however, ever recall the spying rules having been interpreted that way before, at least by any player I've ever talked to. So I'd be interested on either a conclusive word on how that's supposed to be interpreted or someone to ask about it?

Edited By: Victor Arkhan on Year 9 Day 197 18:19

VictorSig.png\"

\"Engineering is the professional and systematic application of science to the efficient utilization of natural resources to produce wealth.\"
Year 9 Day 197 20:52
Does that therefore define restricted classified information, for the purposes of the spying rules, as internal organization and structure? And therefore permit sales and trading in orders information, hidden system coordinates, advance information on government action, and misc. other things, so long as they do not include information on the group's internal organization or structure? 

No. That statement exists upon there to partially explain the reasoning behind the Spying rules, and to observe that they reflect the partially-complete status of the Combine; but it in no way acts to explicitly or implicitly limit them to only that subset of information.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.