187 are online

Year

Day

Time

20:16:03

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 9 Day 208 11:53
I have this Cloakshape/H in hyper, flown by, well, A pilot...
He claims the ETA is going UP instead of DOWN. I can only see it's traveling. I don't want to lose the ship or see my pilot killed in an abort.
Would it be safe to just unassign him or does this need admin help?
Ship ID is: (ID# 108070)

SVT-HARNIL.png\"

\"Can sing, can dance, can handle a vibroblade a little...\"

Year 9 Day 208 11:58
If the ETA is legitimately going up rather than decreasing, then it is a bug and should be reported as such.

To your question, nothing bad would happen if you unassigned him as pilot, it would simply keep going (forever, apparently), and he would be unable to abort, etc.

Year 9 Day 208 14:07
Refreshing a page often resets the counter, and things will jump by a few minutes; I recently saw "01 minutes remaining", so hit refresh, only to see "04 minutes remaining". Assuming this is all it is, a few minutes each time he hits refresh, it'll be fine and he'll still reach his destination.

TenielDjo.png
Year 9 Day 208 23:24
That's what I initialy thought but it's worse. It's been going up for days now.
I finaly got to enter the bug board but my pilot posted there already on 6/22.

SVT-HARNIL.png\"

Year 9 Day 213 4:38
Zeek R`oadi
Zeek R`oadi
I recently saw "01 minutes remaining", so hit refresh, only to see "04 minutes remaining".

- Teniel Djo

That happens all the time for me.

I found out that if I click refresh or enter my cockpit again within 3 minutes of an ETA, it'll jump up a few extra minutes. I've been curious about that for a while.

Year 9 Day 213 7:03
Zeek, combine only updates travel every 3 minutes so if you start a 1 minute trip after it updates you'll have to wait 3 minutes, but if you start a 3 minute trip (or less) a few seconds before it updates you'll arrive instantaneously. This is why the timer jumps a few minutes every time you refresh; it will go back up to the ETA after the last update.

Year 9 Day 213 22:50
That's right. Except in this case the day counter goes up. Not just the minutes.
And I tried to get into the bug base wich finaly worked, then wrote my report but IT WON'T SEND! Don't know why maybe cuz I'm using IE?

SVT-HARNIL.png\"

Year 9 Day 214 1:49
That is probable; the bug base is working fine.

Year 9 Day 214 4:04
That's funny. I logged into the bug base from work, on a Mac. The submit button turns a healthy grey but no sending... So there.

SVT-HARNIL.png\"

Year 9 Day 214 8:26
What browser did you use on the Mac? The Combine is designed for Firefox.

Warning this is strictly Orions McPhees Opinion, it may or may not have any bearing on events true or imagined

orionsigmy0.jpg\"

Year 9 Day 217 4:50
Thanks for the help/tips. Situation resolved.
Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go kill somebody...

SVT-HARNIL.png\"