Day

Time

16:53:04

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 9 Day 229 12:49
Zeek R`oadi
Zeek R`oadi
I'm pretty sure this is an already-known thing, but I just found a very cheap, easy way to get a lot of experience.

Every time you pay out a faction salary, you get 10 XP (no matter the amount of the salary). Basically, you can sit there and pay out 1 credit each time to yourself, gaining 10 XP each time. Find anything wrong with that?

http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/896/screeniepr0.jpg

Shouldn't something be done about that?

And seriously, I wasn't sure where to ask/post this :P

EDIT: I asked in #swc-members on IRC and someone said people have been banned for doing it before. So I'm not sure if this is relevant anymore.

Edited By: Zeek R`oadi on Year 9 Day 229 12:50
Year 9 Day 229 14:30
Xavze Zavan
Xavze Zavan
If you pay a few 1 credit salaries,I dont think that is a problem.If you pay a 100,000 credit salary 1 credit at a time....this is what got a player XP penalized a year or so ago

How would you like to pay income tax EVERY month?
Year 9 Day 229 17:12
Yes this is well-known and we have measures in place to monitor exactly this sort of abuse, so this is extremely easy to punish. If you choose to risk it, expect to lose the XP gained, an additional sum of XP as a penalty, and a ban in addition; that has been the standard punishment previously.

swcforumsig

Year 9 Day 230 11:03
It seems like there should be a limit of one salary per player per month. This would prevent this type of abuse.

Light speed is too slow! We're going to have to go right to...Ludicrous speed.

Amp Thane, Captain, BFF-1 class freighter EQUUS
Year 9 Day 230 12:50
Neth Dharek
Neth Dharek
...except you want to let factions decide when they want to pay salaries as much as possible.

Anybody getting enough XP from this for it to be worthy will get caught and punished, so it's no big deal.

Year 9 Day 230 12:53
But what would be the breaking point to get punished?

If I pay a salary once a month?
Once a week?
Once a day?

If I pay out a salary weekly (fairly common in real life) instead of once a month, I get four times the XP. But would this be considered 'abuse'?

Light speed is too slow! We're going to have to go right to...Ludicrous speed.

Amp Thane, Captain, BFF-1 class freighter EQUUS
Year 9 Day 230 13:52
I think the admins can tell if you're abusing it or not, I'd say weekly salaries are ok, but daily might be too much.

Year 9 Day 230 14:14
Weekly is fine and won't exactly net you a whole lot of XP so no one will notice or care. If you start receiving multiple events a day, or thirty events a month, that will raise some eyebrows.

swcforumsig

Year 9 Day 230 16:53
That's what I was saying, just don't intend to abuse it and you'll be fine.