Day

Time

19:04:52

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 9 Day 237 2:19
Edward Teach
Edward Teach
I've got no idea how R&D works, can someone please explain the process and most importantly the timeframe to say, research a ship from scratch?

Are any of the available ships new ones that have been reaserched since the begining of the combine or do we just have the ones it started with on Y1D1??

Year 9 Day 237 2:26
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl
"I've got no idea how R&D works," lets stop there.

R&D doesn't work yet, that's all there is to know.

Year 9 Day 237 2:44
Edward Teach
Edward Teach
sigh.......I've read through all the rules pages, every single one as I thought it's be a great place to learn how to play etc. but I can't belive how much of it is listed there and not implemented.

Doesn't seem much point in having alot of them there.

Thanks for the quick reply Teyacapan :-)

Year 9 Day 237 5:30
Ralgarrch
Ralgarrch
Where exactly is R&D on the rules? Other than on the skills page where there clearly marked as not yet implemented.

Ral.png
Year 9 Day 237 13:45
Edward Teach
Edward Teach
No specific section about it but there are numerouis references on other rule pages.

The one that really got me was datacards where it tells you that they're a physical item in the combine etc. then I find out there almost completley intangible, check out my thread about them many people commented in it they had no idea and had trusted what the rules said etc.

Year 9 Day 237 17:56
Well there has been a lot of confusion considering that there was a time when datacards served very little purpose. It was only since the advent of production that they began to be used more often.

But as for R&D, the player's knowledge of R&D is evolving as the datacard knowledge did. Right, now since there is no R&D, no one really takes an active interest in how it is going to function. It will only be after its implementation that player's will realize that they are missing out and need to educate themselves on how it works.

Honestly though, I doubt there is currently a solid structure for how R&D is going to work.

Raphael Javiae Kiltron III
Year 9 Day 237 19:17
Then you totally missed the rules posts around the Berlin trip, where they stated that they figured out how it's going to work?

Year 9 Day 237 23:49
Ralgarrch
Ralgarrch
The rules update forum exists for a reason, if part of the rules pages are outdated or reference R+D without making it clear thats not possible yet you can always rewrite them and post there for them to be updated.

Ral.png
Year 9 Day 238 14:09
Edward Teach
Edward Teach
So if R&D doesn't work do any new production factions get access to datacards? or do they have no datacards and have to purchase whatever number of usess they want from a faction that have them?

How do the admins decide what factions get what datacards etc.

Year 9 Day 238 14:12
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl
No more datacards are being handed out. If you start a production faction you get nothing. (apart from escape pods for ship producers, and things like that)

Year 9 Day 238 14:23
Edward Teach
Edward Teach
Thanks Teyacapan :-)

Year 9 Day 238 14:40
medical groups get the medical items.

horbanner.gif
Year 9 Day 238 21:42
Then you totally missed the rules posts around the Berlin trip, where they stated that they figured out how it's going to work? 

Yes, evidently I did.

*buys glasses*

So we know the basic structure of it all, it just hasn't been put into words on the Rules Page? Or has that been updated to?

Year 9 Day 239 12:54
Xavze Zavan
Xavze Zavan
I must say the reports from Berlin led me to think R&D was near ready to go and that we would see it long before combat...oh heavens...what have I said?

How would you like to pay income tax EVERY month?
Year 9 Day 239 21:21
The general thing to keep in mind on the rules sections is that these things have been reworked about 100 times since I've started and until something is hard coded into the game (and sometimes not even then), any content that is written should be taken with a grain of salt. I think what is written on there now is perhaps more likely to stick around until it is implemented (better rules page writing has gone on now than 4 years ago, for example), but you can never be 100% sure.

runesig.png\"
Year 9 Day 239 21:26
Well that is similiar to what I was aiming at when I said that we really haven't created a solid structure of how R&D would work.

But up until recently you really couldn't take what the Rules said about R&D very seriously, though after the Berlin Conference (no pun intended) anything said about R&D has a bit more merit, assuming the rules were updated.