182 are online

Year

Day

Time

05:49:40

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 6 Day 247 10:15
I have just created a character and been put on its homewrold... i can only access nine rooms and no-one is there... what am i meant to do? where is a good place for a newbie pilot to go?

\"Tread with care in foreign lands human, if you are lucky you will only lose your pride.\"
Year 6 Day 247 11:49
Sorry, i managed to get out the building... is it just a matter of exploring the planet?....

it'll take me like 1 hour to move four squares... does that mean I should log in in a hour?

\"Tread with care in foreign lands human, if you are lucky you will only lose your pride.\"
Year 6 Day 247 12:00
Davsk Carvalm
Davsk Carvalm
The first thing a new player whould do is join a faction, they'll get someone to pick you up and teach you how to move aroun in the game.
take a look at the factions here: http://www.swcombine.com/community/factions.php

Year 6 Day 247 13:05
yeah.. will i have to weait a few days for a pick up?

Year 6 Day 247 13:08
Most likely, unless you get lucky enough to have started at a location that the faction already has ships.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 6 Day 247 14:08
how do i engage npc?

Year 6 Day 247 14:39
How do you mean? Do you mean talk to, or have them in your party?

To talk to them, simply approach them on foot (not in a vehicle) and hail them from the scan screen (I think it is). To have them in your party, you need to buy them (or have them assigned to you by your faction).

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Year 6 Day 247 14:50
sorry whenever i hail them it tells me to send them a message.. i take it i shouldn't speak to them unless i have a command or somethimng

Year 6 Day 247 14:53
Hmm, I haven't spoken to NPCs in a while, but usually it comes up with a dialog from them. Perhaps you're looking at other (inactive) PCs, rather than NPCs?

Year 6 Day 247 21:56
That sounds like an inactive PC you're talking to.

Look around the city you're in (Position > Scanners) for a NPC called 'Vehicle Rental' (or something along those lines) and head over to him/her. You'll be able rent a vehicle from them that'll allow you to move around much faster.

Kids these days!
Year 6 Day 278 8:17
I was wondering how to use a signature? I'm not really new but pretty new. So that's what I really want to know.

Year 6 Day 278 8:19
Now I'm wondering if it's possible to use your signature in messages. LOL the last post had my signature on it so no need to answer it.

Year 6 Day 278 8:23
in darkness messages? no, not yet anyway. I wrote a messaging system for another project that was very similar to DM's but a whole lot faster and neater, 've been considering replacing DM's with it. If I do that 'll try and remember to enable signatures on it, unless there are a lot of complaints.

Kids these days!
Year 6 Day 279 15:29
Sam Daaz
Sam Daaz
I have a couple of questions

what does the rental npc look like?

can I change my name?

Year 6 Day 279 16:14
Rental NPCs vary by species. I believe it says something about Rental in its name.

No, you can't change your handle. Not unless it's your real life name, anyway. Then you have to request a change from the Admins.

001.jpg\"
hapan_donator.jpg\"
Patriarch of House Ismay