Year

Day

Time

05:59:15

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 9 Day 352 14:35
Hey Guys,

Can someone please give me a rundown on how protected assets work as I can't find anything in the rules (may have overlooked it but I've tried a few times to find it)

Obviosuly at a certain Priv level you can protect assets (what priv do you need) also what exactly does protecting an asset prevent and can said asset be un-protected by someone?

Thanks in advance Borr ;D

Eidolon QuarterMaster of the planet Nal Koska

mystats.php?uid=c2963
Year 9 Day 352 14:57
Yes, obviously we have no written rules for protecting/unprotecting.

Anywhow: this is how it works:

Faction owned assets are protected/unprotected by the owner of said faction
Proected assets can not be made over by the faction that owns the entities.
Unprotecting costs a certain amount of credits.

Example:
- Faction A is owned by player X.
- Player X mis-trusts the person that is in charge as leader of his faction, so he protects certain assets that are owned by the faction.
- Faction leader wants to make over entities for what reason ever, so he has to ask the owner (Player X) to unprotect again. Player X unprotects and the fee is paid from the faction credits.

/edit: Thanks Teya.

Edited By: Vip Fortuna on Year 9 Day 352 15:02

ORE-Vip-Fortuna.png
Year 9 Day 352 15:01
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl
Protecting assets is free, unprotecting them costs 10% of the raw material price.

Year 9 Day 352 15:02
Hmm, I thought it was in the Rules somewhere, but I can't find it either. The Leader or Owner (and 2IC, I think) can protect any asset in a faction's inventory. That asset can then not be made over. Only owners can unprotect assets. Protecting an asset is free, but unprotecting costs 10% of the ERMP (or maybe it's the faction value) of the asset.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 9 Day 352 20:34
Unless I've missed it somewhere, only the owner can do the protect/unprotect.

Year 9 Day 352 22:39
Thanks for that guys :-) well explained.

mystats.php?uid=c2963
Year 9 Day 353 0:54
Ralgarrch
Ralgarrch
Only the owner can currently protect assets, there was a suggestion to allow the leader as well but I don't remember that actually being implemented.

Ral.png
Year 9 Day 353 1:06
Well then it's broken. The leader used to be able to protect. But I do seem to recall a bug where the leader could unprotect, so maybe they shut off all the leader functions due to that.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 9 Day 353 13:27
Yes, at one time the leader could protect things. When I led Trilon/Cygnus I was able to protect but not unprotect.

001.jpg\"
hapan_donator.jpg\"
Patriarch of House Ismay
Year 9 Day 354 5:24
Ralgarrch
Ralgarrch
The ability for leaders to protect was removed a long time ago, it may well have been due to such a bug but no ones ever got round to fixing it if thats the case.

Ral.png
Year 9 Day 360 10:36
ANother little one on this thanks guys.

Are there any assets that Cannot be protected? I assume creds can't but anything else?

mystats.php?uid=c2963
Year 9 Day 360 10:53
Datacards and stocks I think are the only other "assets" that can't be protected.

Year 9 Day 360 11:06
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl
Except that you *can* protect shares, and datacards can't be made over.
Raw materials can't be protected, though.

Year 9 Day 360 11:08
Edhrikhor Tlakh`sar
Edhrikhor Tlakh`sar
Items can't be protected either.

Year 9 Day 360 11:47
Datacards can be sneakily assigned is what I was referring to, Ten. Didn't know about shares.

Year 9 Day 360 14:56
Thanls heaps guys :-)

mystats.php?uid=c2963