Day

Time

06:49:50

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CenterRPG CenterQuestion Center
Archives » Ship volumes logic question
Year 9 Day 356 17:29
I can't believe this isn't documented, It could be I just missed it, but I'm curious, How does a ship 400M long have 1,000,000 M^3 of space in it?

1,000,000 / 400 = 2500 so the ship would look like a saucer.... 2500 meters in diameter.

Is this a adjustment from reality thing to simply make it so we can haul stuff?

Just wondering... I notice this is common across most of the Capital and cargo vessels. Fighters too...

Tarc

Edited By: Tarc Drathul on Year 9 Day 356 17:30
Year 9 Day 356 17:31
Tarc, don't neglect the 3rd dimension. If the ship is even only 20 meters high, it becomes only 125m wide...

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 9 Day 356 18:11
:) Gosh I was asleep on that yea that makes sense.... I've been calculating 1 foot thick concrete slabs all week... Just had it stuck in my head that everything is 1 thick...

Tarc wonders off in search of beer and sleep in no particular order of importance.....

Year 9 Day 357 1:47
Wuma Uxal-Lumir
Wuma Uxal-Lumir
makes me wonder about city sizes and ship sizes.
A bulk freighter can land in 1 city square but a hotel is 1x3 and smaller then the bulk.

Will this be changed also?

wumauxallumirsignature.png
Year 9 Day 357 2:14
No. Planetary dimensions are largely unrealistic; individual squares are assumed to be 1x1km, which obviously results in improbably large facilities. All of this is for balance, not realism.

swcforumsig

Year 9 Day 357 7:41
Dead Sin Jade
Dead Sin Jade
I always thought it was 2x2... =\

Year 9 Day 357 8:01
Although Cam would rather the size removed from the rules page. Besides, I think there was something about having the facilities renamed so that they sounded more like a collection of similar buildings like an industrial estate, rather than sounding like just a single building. Cities might make more sense then.

Ellias_sig6.png