Day

Time

01:19:58

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 10 Day 5 2:48
Christopher Eagles
Christopher Eagles
How come Hapes Consortium was made WAY before the Combine?

Type: Government

Founded On: Year -1 Day 28

Most Factions were made around Year 0 day 5 from what I've seen?

sig-brown.png

"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive."

"Every town needs a hero. [walks down a street towards sunset] Every tow
Year 10 Day 5 3:08
Faction creation date was added after the introduction of the current Darkness interface. Any faction created before that is listed with the Y0D5 creation date. Any faction with such a date has been able to manually set the "actual" date (although many simply haven't bothered). Why Hapes chose a pre-SWC-creation date I'm unsure, but I'd guess it may be related to the sim that preceded SWC that many players came over from (and considered their characters as being carried over from). But you'd have to ask them to be sure.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 10 Day 5 15:43
Alex Tylger
Alex Tylger
No idea what that date stems from. I'd prefer something like -4025

alex3.png
Year 10 Day 5 19:51
-4025 years?
You are not serious. That is far before electricity was invented!

I strongly suggest you talk with your leader before participating in a debate about when Hapes was founded.

ORE-Vip-Fortuna.png
Year 10 Day 5 19:52
Hapan years... and Tylger is the 2IC.

alleysigv2.png\"
trepemiddle.png\"
Year 10 Day 5 20:18
We are counting in SWC years. So your own date can be stated on your faction page.

And since I still think that Hapes' leader is more clever then his 2IC, I still recommend that Tylger talks with his leader.

ORE-Vip-Fortuna.png
Year 10 Day 5 20:50
Insults are most likely not welcome here... and Tylger is very cunning indeed.

alleysigv2.png\"
trepemiddle.png\"
Year 10 Day 5 21:56
Vip, shush. Alex would simply like a more IC-based dating put there. I can't say I blame him. Personally, I'd like seeing the older, original govs (GE, NR, Anzat, Falleen, and Hapes) getting that privilege, but I don't put much stock in that happening.

001.jpg\"
hapan_donator.jpg\"
Patriarch of House Ismay
Year 10 Day 6 16:56
I would also mention that Lord Tylger's knowledge and understanding of the Hapes Consortium - both canonical and SWC-based - far exceeds virtually every other officer and official within the Hapes Consortium, myself included after eight years of service.

Edited By: Vang Tyrridon on Year 10 Day 6 17:03

Lt. Gen. Vang Jacarus Tarix Tyrridon Dreemah tar'Hapanii, RHA (Ret.)
High Chancellor of the Court
Keeper of the Chamber of Lords
Fel Takari, Hapanii For'ta'nix
Hapes Consortium
Year 10 Day 6 17:07
Tovakinpi Toshikhan
Tovakinpi Toshikhan
Well first of all I was under the impression that electricity was never invented but rather properly documented after a visible discovery through experimentation.

As too the original topic, I would have to agree with Tylger, and Ismay that perhaps the option for the older groups a more IC year could be used for those dates.

Tovakinpi Toshikhan
Owner/CEO, InterGalactic Bank
Year 10 Day 6 17:24
Alex Tylger
Alex Tylger
Dear God. I don't even know where to start, but here goes.

-4025 years?
You are not serious. That is far before electricity was invented! 

I will start by stating the same thing you did. "You are not serious." Because that is exactly what your post warrants. Yes, -4025 years. Year 0 in the Combine is generally accepted as being the same time as the canon Star Wars universe's Battle of Yavin. Currently Hapes considers itself to be in year 4035, which would make year 0 around 4025. In both canon and in SWC, the Hapes Consortium is a civilization approximately 4 millennia old. (Alley Trepe was a bit wrong as we generally do not use the Hapan canon calculation of years which is significantly shorter than a normal year.) Now this is an in character way of thinking as few of the factions that have their creation date at Y0 D5 or Y-1 D5 or whatever consider that to be their official creation date. Many organizations and companies founded much later do not consider their founding date valid as it may be the second (or higher) time the company has been recreated. If we were, that sounds equally retarded as creationism. Everything just popped out of the ground at the same time? And of course we are thinking in character and we are still counting SWC years as you say, Fortuna. A SWC year is no different in length from a RL year apart from the fact that it starts on December 2 or 3 and has that leap year bug that was posted on the sim news.

Your post seems to somewhat imply that I am some sort of idiot who thought that some guy in ancient Egypt was sitting by his computer playing SW Combine and registering a faction. Perhaps you are new to Star Wars and are not familiar with the fact that stuff has existed within the universe for a long time. I can picture you as a guy objecting to the 2002 AOTC scene set in Palpatine office where the Chancellor says "I will not let a Republic that has stood for a thousand years be split in two" with the remark: "Nuh-uh, it first appeared in the Phantom Menace which came out like three years ago. God!"

I strongly suggest you talk with your leader before participating in a debate about when Hapes was founded. 

I strongly suggest you go have a lovely cup of shut the f*** up. :)
I have been with the Star Wars Combine for ten years. Hapes was my first faction and it is my current faction. For six years I was Minister of Culture and had un-questioned reign over Hapan history, culture (you name it), adapting canon to Combine. I had ownership or leadership of Hapes as Regent between the reigns of King Andrew and King James. I am now Lord Regent under King James which means I rule the Consortium in his absence and handle the day to day affairs of administration.

What is actually more typical than me asking my leader for information and advice is that I advise him. Especially when it comes to matter of Hapan history and culture, and I am sure he will freely admit that.

Finally, to respond again to the original poster. I suspect the date stems from the Combine predecessor the Star Wars Simulation, which existed in 1997 and probably relates to Andrew Starfyre's creation of Hapes back there.

Edited By: Alex Tylger on Year 10 Day 6 17:38

alex3.png
Year 10 Day 6 18:37
Nice job at putting your foot in your....mouth Vip. Alex Tylger's word is Hapan Law. :-)

2j3sgzp.jpg
Year 10 Day 7 3:23
Please take your arguments to DM. This is not the place.

swcforumsig