Time

17:15:17

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CenterRPG CenterQuestion Center
Archives » [Newbie] Various Questions
Year 10 Day 86 6:36
Hi everyone!

Sorry to bore you all with my silly questions, but i'm quite new around here and i have a couple of questions about pretty much everything:

NOTE: Being new is not entirely true. I was around about 5 years ago, but then i don't even left the starting planet. I want to give another try a t this AWESOME, yet unfinished project.

I've read the guide, many post, etc, but i'm still want to know some things:

1- How do i set my own character picture? I tried with imageshack posting (a 100x100, 3Kb, jpg image), but i can't manage the image to be seen...

2- I know that been a true freelancer is almost suicidal in SWC, but... Is there an honorable option out there for someone who wants to earn a living without vowing to anyone?

3- Which factions do you recomend me then? I'm a freighter pilot with decent trading skills, easy going and good hearted (well... almost a scoundrel you know... but lovely).

Any help, would be welcome.
Thanks.

P.D.: I know my english is rather poor (my language is spanish) but don't be hard on me, please.

334kf0h.png

A trip to where!!?? Well... it could be fun... After all, i never traveled in the vicinity of a black hole. What could go wrong? Let's do it!
Year 10 Day 86 10:12
Lexxa Sunnar
Lexxa Sunnar

1- How do i set my own character picture? I tried with imageshack posting (a 100x100, 3Kb, jpg image), but i can't manage the image to be seen...

A) Edit profile, make sure you don't add the img tags, you just use the url mypic@hosthere.com for example. Photobucket is one, also tinypic.com works well. Also set your pic to an ava size..75x100.

2- I know that been a true freelancer is almost suicidal in SWC, but... Is there an honorable option out there for someone who wants to earn a living without vowing to anyone?
A) about 85% of factions hire freelancers.

3- Which factions do you recomend me then? I'm a freighter pilot with decent trading skills, easy going and good hearted (well... almost a scoundrel you know... but lovely).

A) we can not recommend a faction in the open. But look over the factions and join one that has something you like. Such as RPG, activeness, and plenty of work to do, so you don't get bored.

Any help, would be welcome.
Thanks.

Evil dies by the hands of the All mighty..
Salvation is not a weakness, but a goal to obtain.
Praise the Mother!
Year 10 Day 86 11:06
Thank you, Lexxa!

TinyPic.com worked just fine (i didn't knew the place).

I'm already been contacted by various interested parties. I'm doing my research on them (and others) also.

See you around!

334kf0h.png

A trip to where!!?? Well... it could be fun... After all, i never traveled in the vicinity of a black hole. What could go wrong? Let's do it!
Year 10 Day 86 11:16
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

- To elaborate on that for anyone else that might pop in here: you're never tied to a faction. If you want to leave for clearer waters then you can do so at any time.

"Also set your pic to an ava size..75x100."

Year 10 Day 87 14:55
Hey Narod. I worked as a freelance before. It is pretty hard. You'd have to buy something like weapons from for example Merr-Son, and resell them.

Also try and always click on the CP links. Down Below your avatar you will see a (at that moment) green number, with a + after it. Click on it and click on the links you will see ( the affilate buttons) Do that every day you log in, and then later spawn something.

As a pilot nearly every faction should be open to you ;) Just search for either a friendly one, or one that pays good :D.

You can have a look at factions that openly look for people on the RPG Centre Forum - Positions Vacant.

But most of the time every faction will be happy about new members.
That should do it for the start. You can PM( here called DM) me anytime if you got more questions!

Oh ye P.S: Retto <- Mucho Macho, si? Me gusta ^^

Edited By: Retto Telorro on Year 10 Day 87 14:57

Creatures I\'ve seen: Rancors.

\"Active
Year 10 Day 90 12:50
Thanks Retto, Teyacapan and Lexxa! Thanks for all your help.

I'm already signed with a faction, and doing stuff around.

Still learning SWC mechanics (ecomomics got me crazy!).

P.D.: I'm quite aware of the CP stuff, from the beginning. Thanks, Retto.