Day

Time

09:57:06

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 6 Day 280 21:14
Gardol Poodant
Gardol Poodant
Hi, having just started and not really had a chance to do much yet, I just noticed in the manual that a huge number of skills are listed as Not-Yet-Implemented.

Incidentally that list includes almost every skill I chose.

Is that helpfile up to date, or have I simply made a colossal error in skill choice?

Year 6 Day 281 0:01
no, you did the right thing,
alot of skills are not used yet, that is true. But wanting to change your skills just because some can be used right now doesn´t seem like a good idea. Better to make a character as you want it to be and then wait for the skills to be imlemented. Thats atleast I how see it.

horbanner.gif
Year 6 Day 281 2:34
Just be patient. Although your patience might have to last a few years, it'll be worth it I reckon. :P

Year 6 Day 281 3:56
Tenodera Aridifolia
Tenodera Aridifolia
*eyes all his R&D skill points* one day....

Year 6 Day 281 8:22
Gardol Poodant
Gardol Poodant
Well I mean quite literally almost all my skills are listed as NYI. It's not like I have one or two low skills that aren't in the game now, it's like I have one or two low skills that are.

How badly is this going to cripple my gameplay? It seems at first glance that a character's capabilities are *very* focused on the skills and on the HP curve. I'm Ithorian so my HP curve is bad. It seems to me that if after 6 years online these skills aren't implemented, that I shouldn't be expecting them to be implemented anytime soon.

Year 6 Day 281 8:29
You have to also remember that during those six years, the Combine's changed alot. This is the third or fourth client and previously, the Combine was heavily focused on message board RPing.

We're going far and fast. Be patient. It shouldn't really mess with your experience anyway. :)

001.jpg\"
hapan_donator.jpg\"
Patriarch of House Ismay
Year 6 Day 281 8:41
Gardol Poodant
Gardol Poodant
Well is not having working skills going to heavily affect my ability to level? (for example)

Needless to say I chose all my skills based on a pre-imagined concept, I just kind of wish I had known that many skills aren't working yet before I had selected how to prioritize those skills. I just don't like the idea of focusing on, and continually boosting a skill that does nothing at all.

Is it better to increase skills that work early on and then focus on increasing skills I would like to have when they are added?

It's rather late to change what I have, I would just like to understand *exactly* how that choice has affected what the gameplay will be like for me.

Year 6 Day 281 9:46
No effect really. Gaining XP is mainly based on travel presently.

001.jpg\"
hapan_donator.jpg\"
Patriarch of House Ismay
Year 6 Day 283 5:04

Is it better to increase skills that work early on and then focus on increasing skills I would like to have when they are added? 

No. It's better to either increase the skills you believe will benefit you more in the long run, or to stockpile skill points until the Combine is further towards completion.

The higher level you become, the longer it will take you to level again, so the harder it will be to get more skill points. Picking skills just because they work right *now* would hurt you in the long run, since you won't be able to undo that. Most of us are in the same position, with basically all of our skills in areas that don't make any difference right now, but it doesn't matter yet.