Time

13:13:39

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CenterRPG CenterQuestion Center
Archives » hOW DO I GO TO A STARTING POSITION AND BUYING THINGS
Rakes Gail
Rakes Gail
I want to know how i can buy ships, or vehicles and how do i get into a starting position becausei click on Travel and nothing happens. i need help.

First, turn off your Caps Lock and learn how to use the Shift key responsibly.

Someone else will be along to provide additional steps once you have mastered this one.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
To select a starting location: You should have a link labeled "Select Starting Location"

If you're not in a faction yet, you will only be able to start at your race homeworld. Otherwise you will be able to start at your faction HQ.

To purchase ships or vehicles, you will need credits (typically acquired via faction salary). After that you can start trading. The most common place to purchase assets is the GM: http://www.swc-gm.com

At this time you can only purchase assets from other players, and the GM is a sort of eBay service for SWC, so you will need to carry out the transaction through the SWC interface - the GM won't do it automatically for you.

You will likely not have enough credits right away to buy much, but your faction should assign you a ship to use in the meantime, and should also provide you transport to that ship.

swcforumsig

To select a starting location: You should have a link labeled "Select Starting Location"

If you're not in a faction yet, you will only be able to start at your race homeworld. Otherwise you will be able to start at your faction HQ. 

I'm no member of a faction yet, and upon starting, I get this message:
Your character has currently no position.

Please select a starting location in the travel section.

If you are joining a faction, you may choose to start in their HQ by joining them first. 

The only thing related to travel is a button which I see below this message (in that row, items/action/travel/scanner), yet clicking these doesn't do anything.
And everything else I try, leads back to this message.
Well, almost everything... I am able to go into the faction screen, where I applied for membership of one of the factions (forgot the name, but they have a mining and a vehicle branch, and it starts with the letter "A").
And I'm able to go to the forums, and the character screen.
Well, basically, I can do anything but play...
There seems to be no homeworld for me.

Little correction:
"The only thing related to travel is a button which I see below this message (in that row, items/action/travel/scanner), yet clicking these doesn't do anything."
This should read:
"The only thing related to travel that I see, is a button which I see below this message (in that row, items/action/travel/scanner), yet clicking these doesn't do anything."

A small difference in words, yet it could make a big difference in the matter.

Big correction...
Those three words added to my previous point were right on the spot.
There was one other button which I hadn't seen, it was hiding a bit lower, just outside view, and for some reason there was no scrollbar in my browser, so I assumed I was seeing the whole screen already.
I was about to log out when I wanted to check on one other detail, clicked a link, got to the same screen, and this time got to see that there was a scrollbar... scrolled down just a notch, and there I saw a start-button.
Consider my previous posts taken care of...