I'll explain the CSS editor as best I can, let's assume you want to change the body's background color to #FFFFFF:
- Click the "Add a selector/class/id" button.
- Type in the selector you want to modify ("body" in this case).
- Click the "Add a property" button.
- Type in the property you wish to add/modify ("background-color" in this case)
- Next to "background-color", there's a text field, type in the value you wish assign to the property you selected ("#FFFFFF" in this case).
- Click "Save changes".
Not only is this ridiculously tedious, but it's buggy. Last time I tried it the changes I made were somehow reverted the next time I logged in. In addition to that, I just got an error message when attempting the example above:
“An Error type: PHP Warning with the Message: file_put_contents(/var/www/localhost/main/skins/1274531.css) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied has occured. It has been stored as Error 11821.
- "Error 11821"
I strongly advise you use Firefox's Stylish extension instead. It provides the same (limited) styling capability as the built-in CSS editor without all the bugs. I recommend version 0.5.9. If you're unable to do this because you use Internet Explorer (*gasp*) then I'm unable to help you any further, since IE is crap.