Year

Day

Time

10:57:36

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CenterRPG CenterQuestion Center
Archives » Use of automated scripts and programs
I see Tharbooka Gobaka is selling such an automated program that automaticly hits the banners to get CPs. But actualy doesnt vote because you need to click a button once you open the top sites.
I think it's cheating. And taking 150k for this thing is cheating too.

Is the use of automated programs legal?
Cause if it is then why play the game when you can use a script that flyes your ship while you are gone!

jaret_hover_mix2a.pngGovernor of Torina System.
Founding father of the Red Star Alliance.
Mandalorian veteran.
I'm with you on this one. Auto scripts for anything is cheating here, really.

/me slaps Tharbooka Gobaka!

Ferrick Casant
Ferrick Casant
Im not sure wether it is officially cheating , but im far too lazy to go look up the rules ^^ but yeah whoever is using stuff like that needs a firm talking to :P

x1pxOYwqu4SjF6-pfsC_5TYDZsOwQHKbW8r_bjA-mhBaDoWEw0W-iEM9xCrZ0WlyfVlYeJi9IHuUbGRD8HhJVyGPqVkYqAepn4kUZI18TyH9xzudlKVfd__iUczkMVPZXvzoJ1vcpVWUl8Rgo_QEx3bjDQTCGDo3YxZ
Tharbooka has the admin's permission for the program, it is not cheating.

TenielDjo.png
Eli Greenberg
Eli Greenberg
And it does actually vote for you

elisig.jpg
Jesfa Ackmin
Jesfa Ackmin
Fools.
Try it before you complain.

First, in response to Jaret Byar, you are incorrect in stating that it does not vote on the topsites. It does. How do I know? Well I programmed it myself, for one. To place a vote all that is needed is to visit a certain url and submit some postdata. All of which is done behind the scenes. Only about half the topsites actually let you know if you have double voted, but the ones that do inform you of double votes report that you have already voted after running the program.

Second, Teniel Djo is correct. I went to the admins with this before releasing it to the public. It took nearly a month from my first attempt to contact them, but eventually got the greenlight from the admins. Had the admins shot it down, I would never have released it to the public.

If you do not wish to use it, then don't. No one is forcing you to. I made it for myself because I know I frequently forget to go get my CPs; and I thought other people might like it as well.

P.S. I would never release anything that automatically flys your ships around for XP. That is cheating in my eyes too.

Edited By: Tharbooka Gobaka on Year 6 Day 334 15:00
Given all of this information, it is IMPOSSIBLE to consider Tharbooka's tool cheating.

Kindly shut up.

Guest/Visitor

What dorn said >.>

have your profit then

jaret_hover_mix2a.pngGovernor of Torina System.
Founding father of the Red Star Alliance.
Mandalorian veteran.
I will. thank you.

Eli Greenberg
Eli Greenberg
Its not just for his profit. Yes he makes some money but everyone who gets it profits by getting CPs every day, which in my opinion is a good thing. :)

elisig.jpg
Hey, if its cleared with admin, then its fine with me. Bear in mind though, that scripts which click banners for cash are actually illegal: don't know how that works for something like this (because of course the combine is paid per click I assume) but I guess if admin are happy, then they've presumably cleared it with the sponsors.

I'm glad you aren't planning to release any "ship flying" scripts.

these arent banner clicks for cash. They are popularity lists. the most popular are at the top,. which brings those sites more traffic. and if you were voting for them anyways.....

Cam Antilles
Cam Antilles
If people want to try and create an automated script, then they need to come to the Admins. Tharbooka came to us and asked us to check this out before it would be used.

Any use of any automated script, without premission form the admins, will get the users and creators banned.

swcsig.jpg\"
\"Somewhere, there\'s a bullet with your name on it. The trick is to die of age before it finds you\"
Ferrick Casant
Ferrick Casant
Only reason admins cleared is was to get more votes ^^
........... Got my own program anyway :P

x1pxOYwqu4SjF6-pfsC_5TYDZsOwQHKbW8r_bjA-mhBaDoWEw0W-iEM9xCrZ0WlyfVlYeJi9IHuUbGRD8HhJVyGPqVkYqAepn4kUZI18TyH9xzudlKVfd__iUczkMVPZXvzoJ1vcpVWUl8Rgo_QEx3bjDQTCGDo3YxZ