Day

Time

10:08:41

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 6 Day 339 21:56
Renga Sailon
Renga Sailon
Ok, so here's the internet situation my friend and I are in. I have a desktop and a laptop. The laptop gets wireless internet from the the DSL modem (the wireless router connects directly to the modem, it doesn't go through the computer or anything). I use both of them and access the Combine through both of them. My friend lives next door, and has a laptop that gets wireless internet from my wireless router. I may have logged into the Combine from that computer, I'm not sure, but anyways.... I told him about the Combine and he wanted to join, but I wasn't sure if I would get pegged as a multi, because I wasn't sure if the IP would show up as one because it's coming from one DSL account/modem or as seperate ones because they are seperate computers. Also, if I were over there and say he logged out so I could log in, would we get in trouble for multi accounts?
If this is against the rules, that's fine, too bad for him! Haha. Anyways, just curious. I just wanted to make sure we weren't going to get in trouble before I told him it was ok to sign up...

Year 6 Day 340 6:19
I guess as long as you sign up to claim you're multis, then there is no problem...

Year 6 Day 340 8:17
Contact syn@swcombine.com to be sure.

Kids these days!
Year 6 Day 341 0:47
If he's on your wireless network you'll appear to be on the same IP, so you'll need to be registered as multis.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 6 Day 344 8:45
Chris Rundown
Chris Rundown
and it wouldn't matter to be on the safe side and register anyway. downsides are you need to act like multi's

Year 6 Day 345 17:12
Yes, if you're connecting through one account/modem both computers will indeed be on the same IP address and you will need to register as multis. Please e-mail me the handles so I can add you (syn@swcombine.com), and be sure to stay in the same faction or one or both freelance.

swcforumsig