207 are online

Year

Day

Time

17:00:17

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CenterRPG CenterQuestion Center
Archives » Account declined due to my name?
Guest/Visitor

I picked "Zomba Bragan" as my name. Why would this be a problem. It fits the required format and I know that it is not from any movie or book, since I made the name up myself. Who why can't I use it? I'd pick something else, but since I made up "Zomba Bragan", anything else I make up will be rejected if I don't understand why it's being rejected.

Checking to see who declined this. Handle seems fine to me.

What was the exact message in the mail?

Kids these days!
I think it was me who declined you, but it wasn't for the handle. Posting the actual text from the declination email would really help in this case.

mystats.php?uid=c1
Guest/Visitor

Here is what the e-mail said:

The SW Combine Administration has declined your membership application providing the following reason :

Your handle does not match out current rules requirements. It was turned down because of the presence of a restricted name or adjective, such as 'Lord', 'Count' or 'Darth', or an existing Star Wars character name was chosen such as 'Luke Skywalker' or 'Han Solo'. Please refer to the Character Creation rules page located at http://rules.swcombine.com/character/charactercreation/ for more information.

Please make the necessary changes and try again. If you have any questions or queries feel free to post on the post on the Problem Centre or visit the help room on IRC, #swc-help.

hmm, the only 'Zomba Bragan' that google spits out is what looks like a piece of fan fic/RPG. http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:KbrCUubpnqUJ:webpages.charter.net/cwheeler/starwars/log_two.htm+Zomba+Bragan&hl=en&client=firefox-a

Kids these days!
Guest/Visitor

Yea, that's my own website. The name comes from a villain from a Star Wars RPG that I ran last year. So NOW can I use the name that I made up myself and is on my website?

Charles

sure

Kids these days!