Day

Time

16:43:58

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 6 Day 358 12:00
Patricio Mishka
Patricio Mishka
Okay, somehow my NPCs have left my party without my knowing. I had purchased a vehicle through the CP exchange, boarded it, left it, changed its name, and transferred ownership. I go back to my ship and my NPCs are "not present". I tried scanning the vehicle as well, but it says there are no passengers on board. Do you have any idea what happened to them? Can I get them back if they were "erased"?
1009018 is the vehicle ID

Year 6 Day 358 12:48
Patricio Mishka
Patricio Mishka
Update: Even though it said there weren't any passengers on the vehicle, when I went aboard, there were my NPCs. I think I have discovered the problem:

Whenever I unboard a ship/vehicle, or leave on ship to board another (in this case left my ship, boarded vehicle), the NPCs in my party don't follow me. But then I re-added them and boarded my ship; they followed my that time.

Any idea of what the reason behind this problem is?

Year 6 Day 358 23:08
If memory serves the NPCs won't follow you into the cockpit (might just be room movement, not when boarding directly into the cockpit). So if you went out a different way than the one you went in they wouldn't follow you.

I assume they're on your ship now? Can you try unboarding onto the ground with them?

Kids these days!
Year 6 Day 359 21:28
Patricio Mishka
Patricio Mishka
I'm travelling through space right now, but once I reach my destination I will try.

Year 6 Day 360 19:02
oki, cheers.

Kids these days!
Year 6 Day 361 20:18
Patricio Mishka
Patricio Mishka
Okay, I've landed and tested it. When I unboard/board my ship, the NPCs follow me. The cockpit of the ship (YT-1300) isn't in the same room as the entrance however.

But for the vehicle (V-35 Courier, where the entrance room is where the cockpit is), the NPCs wouldn't follow me off of it; I had to kick them off. And I seem to remember that they wouldn't follow me into the cockpit from the other room in it.

Any ideas?

Year 6 Day 362 19:08
hmm, nothing leaps out at me that would cause NPCs in a combined cockpit/entrance not to follow you out. Can you go without it until next month? 'll take a closer look then after production is out. Might even rewrite the NPC travel function, parts of it are pretty confusing.

Kids these days!
Year 6 Day 362 19:33
Patricio Mishka
Patricio Mishka
Go without the vehicle? If that's what your asking, sure; I sold it to someone:P

As for the YT-1300, things have been going smoothly with that.

But yes, I'd be glad to wait. Thanks.

Year 6 Day 363 17:48
Well, just having the NPCs on the vehicle, but ok.

Kids these days!