Year

Day

Time

09:53:41

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Page 1 2 3
Year 7 Day 3 17:14
With regards to fixing the bug, yeh, but you need to keep track of your points when the bug is closed. When closed, or updated, you get an email about it with the email you registered on the bug base.

Kids these days!
Year 7 Day 4 13:27
How long after do we recive the e-mail... Once I resive the first one i wont be so worried, but I just want to make sure that I posted it right....

Dont even think about, Think about it.....
Year 7 Day 5 0:33
Well, 've never actually posted a bug myself so 'm not that familiar with the posting process. I don't think you get a mail as soon as you post it, only when it is assigned to someone, closed, resolved etc.

If you login to the bug base (here) and go to 'My View' > 'Reported by Me' you'll see all the bugs you've reported, and can check their status from there.

Kids these days!
Year 7 Day 5 12:25
As always thanks Khan... Happy Ice-Skating....

Dont even think about, Think about it.....
Year 7 Day 7 10:33
Tony Lake
Tony Lake
does reporting a bug mean making any valid bug report? (e.g reports may be listed as bugs, typos graphic problems etc.)

Year 7 Day 7 13:38
Yes, only valid bug reports count as bug reports. If you make a bug report for a typo, it'll count as a typo report.

mystats.php?uid=c1
Year 7 Day 7 17:41
Which still count as part of the contest.

Kids these days!
Year 7 Day 8 3:01
Can someone get the cp equivalent of the prize if they so chose to?

Wealth is the root of all power, those who control it forge the future....
Year 7 Day 10 5:34
Of course, Centauri.

Sim Master Veynom

*** This post is written on 100% recyclable electrons. ***
Year 7 Day 12 15:15
Kevin Chambers
Kevin Chambers
Just so that its actually clear, I don't really care how many cp's I get, please elaborate on the following:

"- Each reported or fixed typo or broken link is worth +1pt. Use the bugsbase to report typo and broken links as well. Group typo and broken link reports by page. Broken character or custom pictures are not to be reported (SWC can't fix them as these are external)."

Basically how do you define a page, Is the Race section of the website 1 page or 70 pages. To me each race link is a seperate page. Is the Economy section 1 page, or do "Index" "Mining" "Recycling" "Bacta Creation" "Facility Income" each count as a seperate page since they load up as a seperate page.

I thought that typos and broken links might be handled by different people so I originally seperated them. I also thought that it might be easier for programmers to have it broken down by what I consider a page. Then the programmers could each take a few pages (which is what happened). Rather then saying in the races section of the website there are 300 typos.

Year 7 Day 13 5:05
1) Those pages each count as different/separate pages (they all have a different URL).
2) As long as the pictures exist, I can fix the broken links to them (and broken links to other pages, as well as typos), so I usually get those assigned :/

mystats.php?uid=c1
Year 7 Day 32 16:27
where do we send our list of bugs?
do request for features count and if so how many points?
and last but not least what is the end date?

Jim.giftriosigresized-2.png
Obediance is Victory, Victory is Life
Year 7 Day 33 6:33
Tony Lake
Tony Lake
What ^ said.

apparently there was sposed to be a thread where we could list our bugs open between yesterday and 4'th January :)

Year 7 Day 33 14:48
It could have something to do with Veynom moving. See his Sim News post. Most likely the end of the contest will just be extended a little bit.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 7 Day 35 10:17
I reported alot of typos. Some pages had multiple typos. Would a page with 2 typos count as 2 points or is it only 1 point per page?

Year 7 Day 35 11:55
1 point per page, since each page is supposed to be submitted as one bug (instead of posting each error on the page as a separate bug).

swcforumsig

Year 7 Day 35 12:00
I submitted multiple pages per bug report to save making alot of bug reports

Year 7 Day 35 15:31
Actually, i'd count each seperate typo on a page as a point (meaning if one word has a typo on the whole page, it'll still count as one point).

mystats.php?uid=c1
Year 7 Day 35 15:37
i would really like to know.

In every one of my bug reports i listed ~10 page links of typos. Hence my saying i reported 90 typos even though i have only 10 bug reports. But some pages had multiple typos.

Does a page count as 1 point? or do the multiple typos count as one point each? Would someone with the authority to, please clarify this?

Year 7 Day 35 19:06
Veynom is the final authority.

swcforumsig

Page 1 2 3