205 are online

Year

Day

Time

17:46:57

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CenterRPG CenterQuestion Center
Archives » Tai`to's Why's, what's and who's!
Tai`to Kale
Tai`to Kale
Yeah, i will be posting every single question i ever have here.

-Today's Topic is.... Random stuff (Year 7 Day 13 [all answered])

1. How is a faction's earned money calculated (the money they use to pay employees)? by owned facilities?

2. What is the purpose of the following space stations:
a. space colonies
b. trading stations
c. XQ1

3. How will R&D work? surely there must be at least a skeleton [faint idea] of what it will be like.

4. What kind of soon is the one used for R&D, soonTM or simply soon?

5. How do i make the TM thingy in the combine? the regular Alt+numbers ain't working...

-Today's Topic is.... Planets, Dirt and Moving Stations (Year 7 Day 14 [all answered])

6. I need a list of all terrain types.

7. Will atmospheric types do something in the future, or are they just for show?

8. What will happen once all planets are citified (full of cities)?

9. Are hidden systems and sectors still being added now and then or was their introduction stopped?

10. Has anyone ever thought about some space stations being able to move? The deathstar moved around, why wouldn't some smaller space stations be able to?

11. Will there be a way to move some of the smaller Space Stations?

-Today's Topic is.... The weird scenario and other stuff (Year 7 Day 29 [new])

Now i see a huge hole in the faint combat rules echoing around:

Attacking takes around 8 to 6 hours, apparently to give time to deffend, but moving takes minutes, now this is what is see:

It takes me only a few minutes to walk a ton of squares (yes i have that much speed) and the fire delay is about 8 to 6 hours, if i manage to login in even a single hour before fire takes place... i will never die, i can just walk away when i am told that i am being attacked or hide in an entity.

On a similar note, i can hyper off in the same situation in space.

Or fly towards/from atmosphere, which only takes one hour.

So, the only people dying will be those who are sleeping or those who have slow ships. What's with this?

13. Can any faction R&D things if they get an R&D facility?

14. What conditions are needed for a factory or shipyard to be able to produce?

That's all for now, will update if i have more questions.

Edited By: Tai`to Kale on Year 7 Day 31 8:56
1/ Aside from their business activities with PCs there are two main sources of income for a faction.

- Taxes (Government Only) - http://rules.swcombine.com/economy/planetaryeconomy/index.php?page=1
- Facility Income (All) - http://rules.swcombine.com/economy/economy/index.php?page=4

2/
Space Colony: A home?
Trading Station: Storing materials, later accessing the market and other such stuff
XQ1: Lowest level defence station

3/ You'll input certain stats and equations will spit out other stats along with time and cost estimates.

4/ after combat, so some time after 3rd quarter next year. Can't really give any better estimates at this early stage.

5/ soonTM Like that? soon<sup>TM</sup>

Edited By: Khan on Year 7 Day 14 20:30

Kids these days!
1. Factions earn money from facilities, or by Trading, or by... no, wait, that's about it at the moment. Oh, and governments get taxes. Facilities don't get an "earned amount" - we just get money coming in on an individual transaction basis.

2. Dunno.

3. Dunno. There've been several ideas, including a tech tree, but they keep getting thrown out.

4. Some time after Production. Probably SoonTM. But since soon is relative, it depends on your point of reference. If you want "soon" to be next week, then no. If you want "soon" to be probably some time next year, and before combat, you're probably going to be okay.

5. Dunno. Check which font we have around here and see if it's even on that font, or if maybe it's a different set of numbers.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Tai`to Kale
Tai`to Kale
The first one i knew by the rules, but the rules page is so outdated (it even talks about downloading a client!) that i decided to ask.

testing... SoonTM?

"Space Colony: A home?"

I am only going to coment that from RP perspective it's awesome, i would like them to be able to work as spawn points, but that is my imagination at work.

So, they are some sort of storage under our current situation/system?

As for XQ1 it seemed so bad compared with everything else that i thought it did something else (even R&D and production stations are better armed...)

Everything else is clear enough. Thank you for your time.

0153™

TenielDjo.png
6. http://rules.swcombine.com/universe/planetarygrids/ Scroll down.

7. Toxic/non-toxic will have an effect at some point (after Items are in, I guess) for different races to breath different atmospheres. Otherwise they'll need an item. Hot/Cold/etc, I dunno.

8. Combat blows them up?

9. I don't think so.

10/11. Dunno. I doubt it.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Lucas Cipher
Lucas Cipher
I'll throw in some more questions:

A) Will planetary defences require PC's to operate them?
B) Will small planetary defences (like sam sites, goal lasers etc) require PC to man them? (I can't imagine maning 4 cities with 6 launchers in each f.e.)
C)What's the use of computer centre?

I believe question C does what you ask in A and B

You man the control centre, which is where your defences are organized from...think of the shield bunker on Endor.

TenielDjo.png
Tai`to Kale
Tai`to Kale
I have been logging into the combine from another conection because my conection wasn't acting reliably. I want to know if this breaks any rules, i don't want to wake up one day and find a "you have been benned" message.

If nobody else is using your new IP for combine then you're not breaking any rules.

RGC-2.gif
Governor Yoshi Hikaru
Governor of Pypin System
Tai`to Kale
Tai`to Kale
Now that i notice it, how can anyone be "Benned" does someone named Ben follow me around with a nailed board trying to hit me with it?

Anyway, thanks to everyone for answering my questions. More will appear soon™.

I can only really answwer 14 (even thats vaguely).

The factory has to be powered
Has the datacard for whatever it's going to produce
Has the NPC workers needed
Has the required raw materials

Azzi_Blackgate_Sig03.png