171 are online

Year

Day

Time

04:36:27

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CenterRPG CenterQuestion Center
Archives » Why Are Red Scenarios locked?
Page 1 2
Year 12 Day 325 20:06
Harlynn Kinn
Harlynn Kinn
Id like to know why? I dont want to post in them (obviously) id just like to read them. If this is possible then please help.

Thank you Asims,

Harley

HK_sig_1.png
One foot in the grave. Another planted on your throat.
"Your focus. Needs more focus."
Year 12 Day 325 21:07
Arlo Parkers
Arlo Parkers
Me too. They're an important pRt of combine history, and I'd very much like to be able to peruse them. I'm sure others would agree as well.

arlosig.png
Si Ego Certiorem Faciam ... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris
Year 12 Day 325 22:51
If you refer to the ones at the bottom of the RPG Centre, they aren't even Red Scenarios.

They were run after the Red Scenarios were closed, some hybrid scenario more dangerous than a WS but not like RS that closed entire systems and put everyone there at risk.

I'm not even sure any of them finished properly, and I don't know why they've never been just deleted, to be honest.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 12 Day 325 23:29
Harlynn Kinn
Harlynn Kinn
Well, what if i wanted to read them, both the Red and the Hybrids below? Is it possible to? They may not be completed. But id like to see what happened.

HK_sig_1.png
Year 12 Day 326 12:33
Ralgarrch
Ralgarrch
You shouldn't know what happened unless you were there or somebody who was tells you, it's IC information. Besides nothing interesting happened before they failed, they should just be deleted and I doubt revords of the red scenarios survive.

Ral.png
Year 12 Day 326 22:05
Harlynn Kinn
Harlynn Kinn
To say that no one should know about it seems...wrong. To me, it was an important part of what SWC is. It would be like denying someone the story of there linage. This is of course just my opinion, and im well aware of how much clout that carries on this site.

HK_sig_1.png
Year 12 Day 326 22:15
Shuji Shizuka
Shuji Shizuka
I doubt revords of the red scenarios survive. 

Weren't a good chunk of the modded ships RS rewards?

This user is currently in the process of moving, and so is semi-inactive.
Year 12 Day 326 22:24
Ral meant records Shuji. Come on...

I understand that the Red Scenarios are IC information, but I agree that they are a very important piece of history. IC history, like GNS posts, are retrievable. It would make sense for the Red Scenarios to exist in an "archive" of sorts, a history of the galaxy kind of thing. I'm in favor of viewing them, though I understand there is stigma regarding the actions of some Admins during that period?

Year 12 Day 326 22:35
Shuji Shizuka
Shuji Shizuka
^

Apologies, I thought he had meant rewards, not records.

This user is currently in the process of moving, and so is semi-inactive.
Year 12 Day 326 22:43
Harlynn Kinn
Harlynn Kinn
Exactly Elijah! A history of the galaxy. :)

And yes, i do know that they were controversial, but the truth is, that was the past. If they are locked, or hidden simply to hide whatever "misdeeds" any Admins may be responsible for. Im not interested in any of that.

Edit: Spelling

Edited By: Harlynn Kinn on Year 12 Day 326 22:59

HK_sig_1.png
Year 12 Day 326 23:17
The Red Scenarios do not exist on these forums. They were never run on these forums. They were run on EZBoard, which is now Yuku, which we switched away from due to the costs that were imposed for running an EZBoard without ads, especially one with as much traffic as SWC had. And in fact we had 3, split as the three forums are split now. If they even still exist, which I sincerely doubt, they have almost certainly been purged of information.

If the information did exist - and also in the case of the Admin Scenarios which do persist - the information contained within them, specifically the actions and allegiances of those participating, is In Character information which those persons and parties may not want revealed to the general public any more than some people want their faction membership declared.

They are part of the OOC history of the game, and known as such (in fact more than necessary, apparently, given how much some people who weren't anywhere near them go on about them), and any events which need to be IC history are also recorded as such. But the exact participants, actions, and other specific details, should not be forced to be public information when those reading have no way of finding out those details, and cannot all be trusted not to use those details as IC knowledge at a later date.

So no, the Red Scenario archives are not available, and shouldn't be made public even if they were. You want to know what happened in one? Find someone who was in it and ask.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Year 12 Day 326 23:30
Harlynn Kinn
Harlynn Kinn
Ok, so I can buy that the RS may be gone. Fine. However, id really like to see the Hybrids then.

But the exact participants, actions, and other specific details, should not be forced to be public information when those reading have no way of finding out those details, and cannot all be trusted not to use those details as IC knowledge at a later date. -Hal 

This information would be what...6 or 7 years old? How much damage could anyone do with that? In fact, from what im told, SWC today is a vastly different galaxy then the SWC of old. I dont know why there is so much resistance to this idea. . .

Edited By: Harlynn Kinn on Year 12 Day 326 23:31

HK_sig_1.png
Year 12 Day 327 3:32
And if one of the scenarios reveals that Taka Aioko was secretly a Black Sun agent at the time?

If you weren't in them, then quite frankly those scenarios are none of your business, and it's definitely not up to you to decide whether or not the personal information of the participants matters, or should be made public.

Year 12 Day 327 7:43
Harlynn Kinn
Harlynn Kinn
Why would I care if Taka Aioko was in Black Sun 6 or 7 years ago? Why would i care if YOU were in Black Sun? Iv only been in this game for 4 and a half years.

But i can see that you are hell bent on denying me this. Thats fine, its not like i expected much. But i must say, im really disappointing in the attitude, and to be fair, its not up to YOU either.

If you support this idea, please, post below. Maybe we can draw some real attention to this thread. Or maybe ill just look like a idiot. Either one is fine by me. ^_^

Edited By: Harlynn Kinn on Year 12 Day 328 13:18

HK_sig_1.png
Year 12 Day 327 7:45
I'm sorry Harlynn. I have to agree with Hal and his reasoning on why they should be kept locked away. I hadn't fully considered the ramifications of the kind of information that would be contained within the scenarios.

Year 12 Day 327 8:03
Harlynn Kinn
Harlynn Kinn
Not surprised. But thanks for the short lived support. I still dont agree. I can see the possible ramifications as well. But my curiosity still wins over.

What if i quit? Droped my character, then would i be allowed to view these "sacred" and "dangerous" documents of unknown power??

HK_sig_1.png
Year 12 Day 327 13:04
Nope.

Year 12 Day 327 13:22
Harlynn Kinn
Harlynn Kinn
So constructive. . .

HK_sig_1.png
Year 12 Day 327 19:00
And your attitude that you don't care about the ramifications because you haven't been here that long and selfishly want to satisfy your curiousity is constructive?

You asked. You have been answered. You disagree, for reasons you have given. Your disagreement does not in any way change or invalidate the answer or the supporting reasoning.

Year 12 Day 327 20:06
Harlynn Kinn
Harlynn Kinn
Your right Hal. You always are.

And my attitude is no different then yours. I feel i'm right, you feel your right. Its a waste of both our time. I do appropriate the responses, from everyone, i really do. However, seeing as i still haven't gotten any real response from any Asim tells me this is just being ignored or disregarded.

Please close this thread.

Page 1 2