Okay nevermind all of that. Just tested on Dev and it does not re-check production requirements when moving onto the next queueitem.
Yep, I think that's a bug. I'll report and see if it's intended, then. Maybe Zhao actually wanted people to hop, set a giant queue and bugger off, still getting XP and still getting the entities being produced.
EDIT: Should work this way, AFAIK
1 QueueItem -> Production starts Once, so it checks production requirements Once, then doesn't care what you do (hop, drop, unassign, re-assign, etc.). CAVEAT: ReTooling is not "producing" because it doesn't check production requirements prior to beginning the retool process (except implicitly for at least one datacard of the proper type being assigned).
- You need to have production requirements met when retooling completes (whether that means You stay in the production faction, or you assign operator to some active in the production faction); OR
- if retooling is unnecessary, production requirements need to be met immediately upon pushing the Start button
Multiple QueueItems -> Production starts Multiple times, and therefore multiple "AreProductionRequirementsMet" checks happen, when each Queued Production Item (aka QueueItem) begins production.
- Eg A: Factory is untooled, has DCs for 48 batches of A295s and 48 batches of Thermal Detonators assigned, all RMs are avail, all NPCs are assigned.
I queue up 48 batches of A295s, followed by 48 Batches of Thermal Detonators.
- I push Start. Retooling begins.
6 hours later the server checks that all productionrequirements are met, and if so, begins production. You are free to hop out, do your thing at this point.
- Some time later (around 15 days IIRC) Production completes on the 48 Batches of A295s and retooling begins for the Thermal Detonators. You have 6 hours to ensure production requirements are met (including the Op being an active member of the right production faction). So you either have to hop back in, or you have to get the Operator assigned to someone active in the production faction.
What I don't know is if this:
“NOTE: If the Manager changes while production is ongoing in such a way that breaks the above conditions production will halt at 100% until the problem is fixed and production is resumed and finished.
In the case of the operator changing in such a way as to no longer meet the requirements they will be replaced with the leader of the managing faction.
- Beginning Production Note
happens for Item production. Sure can't happen for vehicle or ship production as the entities already exist. - EDIT: Nope, doesn't happen.