Year

Day

Time

13:59:42

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 7 Day 149 13:51
Restricted topiocs
12. OOF A/E fixes, changes. (Contact Dreighton directly for ***only she has the power to do anything about it.***)

No other developer, that I'm aware, is allowed to exert autonomous control over a game feature, not allowing others to even suggest ways to fix or change it. Say for example that I don't think the "Trading" skill should be related to whether an arrest is successful, and I would like to suggest an alternative...why do I have to convince the programmer of that, and not the rules team, admins or otherwise?

So far as I know, Black Knight does not refuse to let others suggest improvements to Mining (though he might be the one to code it in if a consensus is agreed since he's best-acquainted with the code) - so I figure "QUESTIONS FOR ADMIN" is a good place to ask...why is this one feature not held to the general development standards of the player-developed game, and instead entirely controlled by a single person?

TenielDjo.png
Year 7 Day 149 13:55
Have never really listened to what you said before keir, though this once you do actually have a point - I'd like to see this one answered *sides with keir :) *

Year 7 Day 149 14:00
Ralgarrch
Ralgarrch
As far as I know she hasn't said that, the topic being restricted was a conclusion based on the evidence of everything so far being entirely ignored from whatever source and vague rememberances of other developers saying there's no way in hell they'd be touching that code. I'm hoping they'll keep with that line of thought so they'll actually be working on something that contributes to getting end game features released.

Ral.png
Year 7 Day 149 14:00
Lamy Homo
Lamy Homo
Not true Keir, Veynom has said that the new mining rules are not negotiable. This might not be a good answer since he's the SimMaster.

I agree though, why does she have complete power?

Lamy Homo
Year 7 Day 149 14:06
Ralgarrch
Ralgarrch
Oh and BK actually encourages such suggestions *Points to the prospecting and mining sticky threads on the suggestion boards*

Ral.png
Year 7 Day 149 14:50
Apparently some people get pissy when you look at their code.

slipsignew.gif
Year 7 Day 150 7:35
And in some other cases, developers get pissy when they look at other devs' code ...

mystats.php?uid=c1
Year 7 Day 150 7:47
Rika Lawson
Rika Lawson
Well, from my experience, sometimes the code is so FUBARed, that you have to get pissy from just looking at it.

Year 7 Day 151 16:08
Just to note, I've pointed the Admin towards this question. I'm not touching it with a 10 foot pole.

Jowsig2.jpg\"
Year 7 Day 153 20:24
David Kellar
David Kellar
Wise ..... Very Wise.

Year 7 Day 154 5:51
And some devs write a bit of code and let other devs lose on it hoping to get it 100% perfect :P

rhystarsig7eg.gif\"

\"It is in the time when darkness falls evil reigns and all hope has faded from site, that true leaders emerge bearing the gift of hope in its purest form.\"
Year 7 Day 155 19:01
Eli Greenberg
Eli Greenberg
How bout a 12 foot pole Joe? :)

elisig.jpg
Year 7 Day 159 1:01
Who's got a 10 foot pole?

Ezekiel_Master.png