03:26:36

Login
snews
gnews
faction
inventory
combat
Year 19 Day 106 3:12
Is there a definite reason for Buzz Droids taking up the most party slots (3) out of all security and military droids? I mean, they are little and were originally used in swarms in the clone wars, and the four you can party up with isn't really a swarm.

Year 19 Day 106 7:08
Take a look at their weapons. They are fairly well armed (2 weapons with up to 19 attacks each) and deal a crapton of damage (maximum potential of 152 damage) compared to most droids. Even if they're a close range attacker, they can tear through enemies quite quickly. Compare that to droidekas (arguably one of the best droids) which has a maximum potential damage of 80.

Edited By: Ulrike Rayne Schultheiss on Year 19 Day 106 7:11
Year 19 Day 106 7:10
What Ulrike said, they can each do 152 if they do max damage each turn

Year 19 Day 106 7:24
I see, but wouldn't it make more sense to nerf that damage, so they can be treated as many little attack droids instead of as a few heavy hitters?
(Disclaimer: I don't want to make this a suggestion, I can live with it if they stay as they are and it's probably even a restricted topic, but it would be more fitting canonically IMO if they would be more like a swarm than the Rambo droids they are.)

Year 19 Day 106 7:55
Not really. Canonly buzzdroids were only designed to tear through metals on ships. It makes sense that they're extremely powerful but limited to small numbers.