04:41:20

Login
snews
gnews
faction
inventory
combat
Message CenterRPG CenterQuestion Center
Archives » Is Darth Vader Combine Canon?
Year 19 Day 183 21:38
Hera Qir-no
Hera Qir-no
I've been reading the holocron, and found several pages that mentiob Vader. When I did a search for Darth Vader, no page of that name appeared, only more pages mentioning him. Now I'm not asking if Anakin Skywalker is CC, but is there an Anakin inspired sith with the name Darth Vader?

Hera's meme sig
Year 19 Day 183 23:43
My answer would be "no" based on the timeline on the rules page, which states "The characters we know so well from the books and movies never existed - this time it is up to you to become the heroes... and the villains!"

I assume that holocron pages that mention Vader do so in ignorance of the rules, but perhaps a more veteran player has some additional insight.

"This is the fallacy of power: ultimately it is effective only in an absolute, a limited universe. But the basic lesson of our relativistic universe is that things change. Any power must always meet a greater power. Paul Muad'Dib taught this lesson to the Sardaukar on the Plains of Arrakeen. His descendants have yet to learn the lesson for themselves."
-The Preacher at Arrakeen
Year 19 Day 184 0:40
Canon characters definitely never existed in the SWC timeline, and I am not aware of any sith that called himself Darth Vader. I would guess it's just players who don't understand the SWC universe.

Year 19 Day 184 15:55
I know Vader used to be mentioned in the history of Falleen/the Falleen Federation. Not sure if they've tweaked that as they should though.

Year 19 Day 184 23:04
Yeah they considered Xizor canon, too. I mentally rewrote that to refer to some random SWC Falleen that happened to have that name since the character never existed here. I mean, I guess we've had plenty of characters with the surname Vader before the handle rules were implemented; same principle!

Year 19 Day 186 18:05
Kris Eash
Kris Eash
The map of Tatooine has a square referring to Owen and Beru Lars homestead so there are references to the Skywalker family.

The new trilogy is a lie...
There is only legends...
Through legends I get joy...
Year 19 Day 186 18:34
That's just a city name and description added by the player/faction who owns it.

Governor, Sevetta Sector
Marshal, Blue Star Dominion

Holocron - CPM Profile - TFM Profile

GNS Flashnews Archive
Year 19 Day 187 7:20
Kris Eash
Kris Eash
Seems like the New Republic is o.k. with allowing the reference.

There is only legends...
Year 19 Day 187 8:29
The New Republic is a faction run by players. They are not administrators and do not control the background canon of the Combine.

If they want to reference a homestead owned by Owen and Beru Lars then it is a different Owen and Beru Lars, and not the family who raised Luke Skywalker, son of Darth Vader who destroyed the Death Star and killed Emperor Palpatine.

They're just some desert moisture farmers.

Year 19 Day 187 9:58
Kris Eash
Kris Eash
;)

There is only legends...
Year 19 Day 187 11:56
Why the winky face? The Skywalkers never existed in combine. The time line rules page and the like all say that no Canon characters existed. If the NR wants to be terrible at rp and ignore that the rules clearly state they didn't exist, then cool beans, but it's definitely not combine Canon.

In case you're unable to look at the rules yourself, here's the line:

"The characters we know so well from the books and movies never existed - this time it is up to you to become the heroes... and the villains!"

Sounds like it encompasses every character to me!

Edited By: Ulrike Rayne Schultheiss on Year 19 Day 187 12:27
Year 19 Day 187 12:48
Val Aen
Val Aen
How dare you wink at anyone Kris.

7H0r7kF.png
Year 19 Day 187 17:49
Kris Eash
Kris Eash
:(

There is only legends...