Day

Time

01:07:09

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 19 Day 194 18:37
Hera Qir-no
Hera Qir-no
I've looked all over the Rules, Guide, and Holocron for the asnwer to this question and got mixed asnwers, can faulty cybernetics be removed?

Hera's meme sig
Year 19 Day 194 18:57
No, they are permanent.

"Faulty cybernetics are defective cybernetics that have been fused to the user making it impossible to remove them."

-http://www.swcombine.com/rules/?Cybernetic_Operations#Failure

Arrested.png
Year 19 Day 194 19:02
So make sure whoever installs them has high enough skill to make it worth the risk.

Year 19 Day 194 23:36
Selatos has said in the past that he would eventually like to implement a way to remove faulty cybernetics, but you can expect that to be an expensive treatment. No ETA on that, though.

swcforumsig

Year 19 Day 195 18:21
I have level 5 medical treatment... and wouldn't mind a job installing these. But man i'd feel bad if they didn't workout.

Xjan
Z3VScaQ.png
Year 19 Day 200 19:46
I have level 5 medical treatment... and wouldn't mind a job installing these. But man i'd feel bad if they didn't workout.

- X'jan Erollisi

From a surgeon's standpoint, it's terrifying watching that 24 hour countdown (plus that silly 1 extra minute timer glitch or whatever it is) and praying everything works out alright. That said, if you succeed you feel like this.

Year 19 Day 200 20:06
The highest chance to succeed is somewhere around 55%, I believe, even with the best medical skills/NPCs and location.

Arrested.png
Year 19 Day 202 19:05
I got 67%, running the numbers with maxed Med skill for the PC and 5 NPCs and a maxed Civ level of 1. Still, a 1-in-3 chance of catastrophe is enough to make me think twice about a gratuitous upgrade.

KOE_GideonBodnari.png
Year 19 Day 202 19:07
It's near impossible to get a CL of 1, which explains the difference.

Edit: Maybe a wildlife preserve on an asteroid and using a medical station/ship above it. Previously, the rules suggested you had to use a hospital or such, negating that possibility (but they were just updated to state any entity with a medical room is usable for surgery). My 55% was using a 0.65 or so CL since that is roughly the maximum unless you use a 20x20 on an asteroid.

Edited By: Tomas O`Cuinn on Year 19 Day 202 19:09

Arrested.png
Year 19 Day 203 0:24
Raidan Spike
Raidan Spike
It's actually impossible to get a CL of 1.

When calculating CL, the boarders around the city are counted as "unbuilt" squares even though it is impossible to build on them. So even in the best case scenario such as Tomas mentions where a 20x20 facility is built in every city, the max CL possible is still only 0.8264.

Edited By: Raidan Spike on Year 19 Day 203 0:30

raidan_spike_cit.png

Civilized men sleep soundly because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf...
Year 19 Day 205 17:36
Assuming you use five assistants with 5 in the medical treatment skill, here are your success rates per civilization level.

cf47412f9b.png

Edit below

Still, a 1-in-3 chance of catastrophe is enough to make me think twice about a gratuitous upgrade.

- Gideon Bodnari

That's not how the surgery works. It's not a critical failure (resulting in faulty cybernetics) if you don't succeed - it's just a failure and you have to try again. Critical failure is a 10% chance (per http://www.swcombine.com/rules/?Cybernetic_Operations#Failure). I had three surgeries to install my cybernetic arms, meaning two normal failures occurred and I had to pay the surgery cost (~30m) three times.

Edited By: Tomas O`Cuinn on Year 19 Day 205 17:40

Arrested.png
Year 19 Day 205 17:46
Also bear in mind, the maximum civ level is not 1, so the maximum success chance is around 61%.

Jic Uiji

Love one another, treat all with respect.
Year 19 Day 205 19:15
Lexor Gregain
Lexor Gregain
Or exactly 61%