Day

Time

14:14:43

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 21 Day 2 15:18
Sylvin Macflint
Sylvin Macflint
How often do items available through the CP exchange program change on average?
Does anyone know many different changes have occurred thus far?
Thoughts on the rarest offerings you remember seeing there, but never again??

Wasn't the "Infiltrator-class Star Courier" I thought I saw them offered as a CP ship many moons ago, and haven't seen one since..

Edited By: Sylvin Macflint on Year 21 Day 2 15:19
Year 21 Day 2 17:33
Here is a list of old ships.

Edited By: Noctis on Year 21 Day 2 17:34
Year 21 Day 2 17:41
& here is a list I compiled a while back for the entire CP ship history based on that thread and other information.

The datacard and generic columns are showing which of them have become either a unique a generic datacard.

Link to Biography

mystats.php?uid=c8954
Year 21 Day 2 20:17
Sylvin Macflint
Sylvin Macflint
Very nice indeed..
Thank you both for that, I love the list and the link Noctis is most intriguing.
Still have my first, a YT1210, she's a good all rounder.

Year 21 Day 2 23:15
Pre-Darkness Dreadnaughts, Carracks (the original /S types), Z-95s and Drop Ship Transports were all on the CP list. So were Palaces and several other buildings (yes, we had CP buildings).

Edited By: Weylin vi Cron on Year 21 Day 2 23:16
Year 21 Day 3 16:18
Sylvin Macflint
Sylvin Macflint
Curiouser and curiouser!

I never knew that..

Year 21 Day 4 17:37
Leland Thakkun
Leland Thakkun
Nice list from both of you, thanks.

Now it would be nice to see some of the older CP ships that have not been granted a rebirth, to come back as having a DC or even become generic after a fashion.

I know that those that have had those ships since the beginning of time would not want this to happen because of some convoluted sense that their original ships would decrease in value, but I don't see it as doing that since their ships will have the much lower ID numbers to prove their rarity within the galaxy.

We could even make the generic version a slightly inferior version so as to keep the older players happy with their 'better' version of the ship.

Leland Thakkun

Sith Imperium

Lord Councillor
Minister of War
Year 21 Day 6 17:49
Denton Dabbs
Denton Dabbs
because of some convoluted sense that their original ships would decrease in value, but I don't see it as doing that since their ships will have the much lower ID numbers to prove their rarity within the galaxy. 

This has already happened with a bunch of ships
Consular
Arquitens
Hammerhead
M-class
CSS-1
BR-23
J type 327
J type 322
Simiyiar
S40K
Aurek
C-wing
I-BEAM
N-1

There's also the Foray-class Blockade Runner which wasn't made generic, but can now be captured from bandits via space combat

These ships all saw a sharp drop in prices after they became generic, they all lost about 10x the value of what they were previously worth.

I'm indifferent either way, as I would love to get my hands on some of those rare cP ships